She's gone

Alison POV:
The rest of the work week passed very quickly. Talia didn't try anything and I made sure to stop by every lunch break to see how Em was doing.

I didn't think about home as much as I used to. It was more like a numb feeling in the back of my mind. I was loving being with Emily and I didn't really need anyone else.

We were packing up to spend another day at the lake.

"Bring some extra towels and I'll get the blanket." Emily ordered me and I nodded.

We hiked down the little back path to our spot by the lake, "under the tree is a perfect place." I suggested and set our stuff down.

"It's really hot." Emily complained fanning herself with her hand.

"Well, let's fix that." I took off her shirt and shorts, revealing her two-piece swimsuit. I took mine off as well.

"Thanks babe." Emily blushed.

"No problem." I smiled and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

I couldn't wait until I got her home.
Because I was going to ask Emily to marry me.

She held my hand and this time I tugged her into the lake. She giggled as the lukewarm water hit her body.

We raced up and down the lake until we couldn't move our arms anymore

"Wow, I'm exhausted." I announced and Emily nodded. We swam back to the bank and crawled up.

"Food?" Emily questioned taking out our bag of food.

I nodded as Emily handed me the subs we had made, "thanks."

We curled up under the big tree and she was distracting me by kissing my ear and nibbling it.

"I love days like this, where we can relax with no worries." I admitted and Emily buried her head in my neck.

"Me too. I love you so much." Emily kissed my neck and I smiled.

"I love you so much more." I wrapped my hands around hers.

"Wow Emily, you sure are hard to find." A voice said from behind us.

Emily jumped out of my embrace, "Ben???"

I jumped up at that name and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Hey gorgeous. I've missed you. Your mother has said that you'd been missing for a while, so I did a little researching, I've come to save you baby." Ben cooed and moved closer to Emily.

"The only person that I need saving from is you, you're a monster." Emily growled.

Ben pulled something out from his back pocket, "want to say that again?"

It was a gun. It's black paint glittered in the sun.

I protectively put a hand on Emily's stomach, "leave her alone. Just go and move on." I said as calmly as I could, my hands were shaking.

That set him off, "I can't calm down. If I can't have her, no one can." He raised the gun and pointed it at Emily. Before I even realized what was happening, I had jumped in front of Emily. Hot, wet liquid spread through my stomach, I put my hand on it and when I pulled it away it was red with blood.

"Alison, baby, no." Emily crouched down beside me, tears filled her eyes.

"I-I'm cold baby." I cried out and Emily cradled me.

"Ben go. Before I call the police." Emily said sternly, Ben looked like he was about to argue, but then he realized how much trouble he could actually be in. He sprinted off, but I was focusing on breathing.

Emily bunched up her shirt and placed it in my wound.

It was hard to breathe, stars filled my vision and I saw blood everywhere.

Emily's voice kept fading in and out.

I couldn't do this anymore. I realized that this was my last moments.

And to think we were going to get married.