Little talks

Alison:
"I think we need to talk."

My heart stopped in my chest over fear that maybe she had seen Emily and I. I looked back in shock at Emily who was still at the edge of the pool. She looked guilty and a little worried. I figured she probably didn't want anyone to see us be like that, especially an adult.

"Emily, this is my mother." I nodded curtly to my mom as Emily grabbed a towel and smiled quickly.

"I know her, she came over the other day and that's why I'm here." My mom looked at Emily and then at me. Emily suddenly found her thumbs very interesting as I glared at her, "I told you to stay out of this. They don't want me and I don't want them."

"I just wanted to help, Ali, everyone needs their parents." Emily replied touching my shoulder lightly.

My mom cleared her throat, making me focus on her again. I was still fuming about Emily interfering with this. She was going to get hurt. I know Jason's going to hurt her.

"What do you want, mrs. DiLaurentis." I said apathetically.

"I just want to talk..." She took a deep breath and then let it all rush out, "I'm so sorry. I know that's not enough for the damage that has been done to you. We didn't think you were serious about Jason until the day you left and we found out everything. But then, you never came again."

"What did you do about Jason?" I scowled, already knowing the answer.

"Nothing." She looked down ashamed and I looked angrily at her.

"Exactly. I think this conversation is done, bye." I turned on my heel and brushed Emily's shoulder, not looking back.
-------
Emily:
"You need to get Jason some help." I told Alison's mom before I went to go chase after Ali.

"Alison! Wait!" I cried out but she kept walking. I picked up the pace until I was sprinting. I twirled her around and there were tears pouring out of her eyes.

"What?" She snapped and I was shocked to see that her eyes has gone cold again.

"Ali, you can't be mad at me. I was trying to help you." Her stiffness and unresponsiveness was scaring me and I knew that if I lost her, I would lose myself too.

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot do. And look, did that help? Nope." She shoved passed me again and continued walking.

"Where are you going? Stop. Just, hear me out. I want what's best for you-"

"Stop trying to help me, it's not going to work. I don't need two controlling mothers." She spat out and her words hit me right in the chest. It felt like she had just punched me in the gut. But I wasn't giving up.

"Stop trying to act like you don't care Alison. Stop acting like you don't want to be fixed. We both know that you do. Your parents want to fix things with you." I called out and this made her stop walking.

When she turned around, her face was wet with fresh, new tears, "I want to be fixed, but I don't know if I can."

I opened my arms for her and she didn't hesitate and crashed into them. I stroked her hair gently while she cried into my shoulder, "you can Alison and if you can't fix things with your parents, you have me and my mom."

"Do they even love me? If they loved me, why would they not look for me?" She asked looking into my eyes. Her eyes were red from tears and I stroked her cheek.

"I think those are questions for your parents." I said simply and I could tell that frightened her. She opened we her mouth to say something, but I kissed her, "shh. Let's just go home. It's been a long day." I held her hand as we walked back into my neighborhood.

"Thank you." She said so quietly that I almost didn't hear it.

"For what?" I looked sideways at her.

"For not giving up on me, this whole time. I'm pretty difficult." She chuckled and used her free hand to swipe her face.

"No, you're not. Everyone has problems that they deal with differently." I reassured her and then let go of her hand in case my mother was watching.

"Let's go to my room and get some sleep." I suggested, turning off the lights in my house.

"Okay, deal." She replied and as soon as I got to her room I handed her some pajamas and let her shower first. When she was done, I showered and I was surprised to see that she was still awake waiting for me.

"Why are you still up? You need to rest. We're going to have a rain check on our fun day today." I scolded her but she just shrugged.

"If I'm being honest, I can't sleep unless I'm in your arms." Alison blushes deeply and I could feel that I was blushing too.

"Me neither." I admitted sheepishly and climbed into bed with her. She spooned me and I placed my hand on top of her and locked out fingers together.

"Night, Ali."

"Night, em."