Setting boundaries

Emily:
We walked back to our cabin/house, and I unlocked the door to let Alison in and pretty much collapsed on the couch.

"No way Em, we have to shower. We both have work tomorrow." Alison scolded me and picked me up off the couch. I groaned in reply, even though I wasn't really that tired, I wanted to sleep.

I shuffled up the stairs, Alison pulling me by the hand the whole time.
------
Alison and I showered and then got ready for bed.

"Goodnight, I love you." Alison whispered into my shoulder as I formed myself into her body.

"I love you too." I whispered back and then fell asleep listening to the rhythm of her heart.
------
We woke up the next morning, not wanting to get out of bed to work. We slowly went through our normal routine, but finally we were ready.

"Babe, feel free to stop by anytime just to check up on me." I placed my hand on Alison's shoulder.

She just gave me a small smile, "I believe you, but I will be stopping by."

I giggled and started the car.

"Next weekend we should go to the lake again." Alison suggested while checking out her reflection in the mirror.

"Definitely. And you look beautiful, don't worry." I placed a comforting hand on her thigh and she smiled at me.

I pulled up and parked in the middle of the lot like always, "6:00. I'll see you here." I placed a quick kiss on her lips and we were on our separate ways.

"Hey." I greeted Talia.

"Hi! Can you grab some plastic cups in the back room?" She asked from behind the counter.

"Sure." I agreed and grabbed my apron from under the counter. I slipped the apron over my head and reached up to grab the cups. I placed them on the sink to tie my apron. My fingers kept fumbling with the ties and eventually I gave up.

I started to grab the box when I felt hands on my waist. I felt the strings of my apron tie around to my front. The hands lingered there and I didn't take a breath until they were removed, "Talia..."

I was interrupted by Talia's lips on mine. I was instantly shocked, but I pulled away as soon as I came back to reality, "Talia, stop."

"Emily, you can't deny what we have!" Talia pulled me into her.

"Well, actually I can. I have no interest in you, I love Alison. Alison is my girlfriend and my future wife so back off me." I brushed past her shoulder angrily.

"Emily, wait-" Talia called after me.

"I have to work, Talia." I ignored her and stood at the counter. Alison had been right about her and we had gotten into a fight because I didn't believe her.

Talia bit her lip guiltily. I ignored her gaze and picked at my fingernails.

Just then the door to the store opened and a customer walked in.

"Hi," I greeted them, "how may I help you?"

"I'd like a chocolate chip frap and a lemon cake please."

I nodded towards Talia and she moved to make the coffee while I grabbed a little slice of lemon cake, "that will be $5.35"

The customer handed me the money and I smiled in reply. Talia handed her the drink. She thanked us and then we were left to our awkward silence.

I missed goofing around with Talia, but I knew things would never be the same until she got over me.

"Emily, listen, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that...it's just I've never really felt this way about a girl and it's different from liking a guy." Talia explained, "it's like you're so addicting...it's just different."

"Yeah, I would know." I replied sharply.

"Right." Talia nodded her head.

"Look, I don't want things to be awkward between us, so I'm going to make one thing clear. We are never going to happen and I would really appreciate it if you kept your lips to yourself." I said, glancing over to Talia.

"Yes m'am." She saluted me and I wanted to smile, but I had to be serious so I just nodded my head curtly.

Thankfully the door opened again, this time it was Alison.

"Babe!" I exclaimed. I left my spot and ran to jump into her arms.

"Well hello beautiful." Alison beamed and I kissed her lips.

"I'm on my lunch break, so what do you got?" Alison asked, peering over my shoulder at the food.

"Pretty much just dessert and drinks." I moved back to the cashier spot and I noticed Talia had moved to the back room.

"I'll give you my discount, what do you want?"

Alison told me her order and I gave it to her.

We sat at one of the tables while Alison ate.

"So, how's working going?" I asked, playing with one of her hands.

"It's going good. You'd be surprised at how many people stop here at these stores." Alison laughed.

"Right? I know exactly what you mean." I agreed, trying to avoid her talking about work. I didn't know how she's react if I told her about Talia.

If I even did tell her...
----------
Alison:
I left The Brew and headed back to my work.

I folded the clothes and cleaned the counters and straightened the jewelry.

Finally it was 6:00 and I headed out to Emily's car. She walked out shortly after, a big smile on her face when she saw me.

"Hey." I smiled back, "let's get home. I'm exhausted."

"Me too. Being an adult is difficult." Emily agreed, but her laugh seemed forced.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking her in the eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just really tired." She shrugged and got in the car.

I knew her better than that, "Em, you don't have to lie to me."

"I know." She smiled and I bit my lip.

"Emily..." I touched her leg, but she flinched away.

"Talia..." Was all she said. She looked down and bit her lip. I clenched my fists, "Alison, don't."

"What did she do?" I inquired, trying to calm my nerves.

"You were right about her and I feel horrible for not believing you." Emily placed the keys in the ignition and started the car.

"It's okay baby, it's not your fault. Do I need to talk to her?"

"No, I handled it." Emily reassured me and smiled, this time it was real so I felt better.

"Good." I kissed her cheek and we drove off.

I think I wanted to marry this girl.