Wanting more

Emily:
The rest of the day seemed to go by slowly. What Mona said to me caused me to be distracted for the rest of the day. However, I couldn't help but think about how Alison had stood up for me and that made me happy inside. For some reason that I didn't know.

"Hey babe, I'm going to go hang out with jack. I'll see you tomorrow?" Ben asked me after school.

"Sure, no problem." I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and left me alone by my car. I sighed because I really didn't want to be left alone to my thoughts which seemed to be drifting towards Alison lately. Ironically, I saw Alison walking towards my car.

"Hey." I smiled. God, why did I smile? Why did she make me smile like this? I hardly know her.

"Hi." She said awkwardly, shoving her hands in the pockets of her black skinny jeans.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked curious as to why she was here.

"I don't know. Can you?" She asked sarcastically.

"Um I guess not." I laughed and I could tell she was shocked by my reaction.

"Fine. Can you give me a ride to my friends house?" She blurted out, crossing her arms.

"Why can't your friend do that? I hardly know you..."

"Because my friend is high and I don't feel like getting in a car wreck." She said in a bored tone.

"Okay, you can get in but only if you ask nicely." I wanted to get to know her better but I could tell she was going to be hard to crack.

She rolled her eyes, "Emily fields, give me a freaking ride before I make your life hell."

"Mmm, that doesn't work." I hopped into the drivers side and shoved my keys into the ignition.

She opened up the passenger door, "please give me a ride."

"Of course, hop in." I smirked to myself and Alison slid into her seat. Even though Alison may dress like a gangster, talk like a gangster, and act like a gangster, there was definitely a sweeter side to her. Even her scent was sweet. A mix of vanilla and brown sugar. Even though I was straight, when Alison smiled, which wasn't often, Her dimples made me swoon.

"I'll lead you to where it is." She said shortly as if talking to me was a chore.

"Okay but I hope it's not too far. I have places to be," I paused wait for her reaction.

"Sorry if I'm such a burden, oh wait I really-" she started to say.

"I'm kidding, I'd be happy to drive you anywhere." Oh god, did I really just say that?

"-don't care." Alison finished then looked sideways at me, "what did you just say?"

"Nothing." I covered up quickly and coughed a little.

"Whatever." It's right there she told me pointing to a shabby-looking house and I pulled up into the driveway.

"See you tomorrow, if you're lucky." I called out to her, I didn't know where all this confidence was coming from, but i knew it had something to do with Alison. I just didn't know what.
- - - - -
Alison:
Emily dropped me off and I still smelled like her. It was a comforting smell of brown sugar and fig. It reminded me of fall. I shook my head to snap out of my daze and focused on what I came here for. To remind myself that I was straight and that in no way did I have any attraction to Emily.

"Hey gorgeous." Noel slurred stepping out of his house and slinging his arm around me.

"You're high, right?" I confirmed because I didn't want him to get feelings for me, I was really just using him for when I wanted to make out with someone.

"As a kite baby, also a little bit drunk." He fumbled over his words and I just shook my head and led him into his house. We sat on the couch in his living room and I stradled his waist. He sloppily pushed his lips unto mine and I responded with the same lack of enthusiasm.

Gosh, this wasn't working at all. I only found myself wanting to feel Emily's hands on my body and feel her lips on mine. I pulled apart and Noel kissed my neck but I only felt repulsion.

"I think I'm going to go home." I stated, getting off his lap and heading out the door. Noel didn't even care, that was his thing. He got high and drank all the time. I was never into that stuff. I found myself wishing that I knew Emily better or at least had her number.

I don't know why I treated everyone so badly, we actually I did. I just wasn't ready to tell everyone yet because that would be seen as weak. I was tired of my friends and the way they acted, but this is who I am. I was just tired of the fact that my friends didn't know a single real thing about me and I all of a sudden felt like I wanted more.

Like I wanted Emily.

Like I wanted to be loved.