Hard decisions

Emily:

"Or we're cut off."

Alison glanced sharply at me, "no. We're talking to them. I'm tired of them trying to keep us apart."

I took in a deep, shaky breath. Relieved that she wasn't just giving up on this, "okay good. I'll call my mom right now."

In an hour or so, we heard a knock on the door and I ran up to get it.

"Hi mom, mrs. DiLaurentis." I nodded curtly, opening the door for them to come in.

They nodded back and moved to the couch.

"Alison, it's time for you to come home." Mrs. DiLaurentis said as soon she saw Alison on the couch.

"No mom, I'm not. Emily has loved me more than you have, so I think that I choose her." Alison's mouth formed in a thin line.

Her mom looked shocked, but I was proud of her for standing up for herself.

"Look, we love each other and we're fine here. We have jobs, we can make rent. We still want to be in your family, we just can't be if you don't accept that." I looked at my mom specifically.

She sighed, defeated, "your dad and I love you and if you really love her then I guess we can try and get past that."

"Okay, well um we kinda have to settle in and get back with our schedule so-"
Alison didn't meet her moms gaze and instead looked at me.

"Can you visit us?" My mom asked nervously.

"Of course!" I assured her, but rushed them out the door.

Mrs. DiLaurentis stopped me, "let Alison know that I love her, okay? I'm going to need time."

"I understand." I really didn't, how hard was it to accept your daughter as who she was?

They left almost as quickly as they came and Alison let all the breath she was holding in.

"I'm sorry that you're so stressed out after all of this..." I chewed my lip.

"Babe, it's okay." Alison patted the spot next to her and I walked over there. She laid her head on my shoulder and sighed.

"Tomorrow I have work, but you can't work for another week so I'll bring home dinner." I kissed her forehead, missing the feeling of her in my arms.

"Okay. If she touches you-"

I laughed and kissed her, "trust me, she won't."
------
The next couple of weeks passed by quickly, Alison never brought up the topic about marriage again, so i figured that she was just out of it when she asked me.

She was recovering extremely well. She didn't wince anymore when she moved, but there was a little scar right above her hip bone to remind her of the incident.

Nobody had seen or heard from Ben which was scary and relieving at the same time. Maybe he thought that Alison was dead and got the hell out of town. Good for him.

It was almost ten and Alison and I were on the couch, watching TV.

"Let's go to bed." Alison suggested even though she didn't look tired at all.

"I'm not really tired, but if you are, then let's go." I started to get up and Alison smirked.

"Who said anything about sleeping?" She asked huskily. I turned and dragged her up the stairs and she landed on the bed with me.

I gently ran a hand down her face and then pressed my lips against hers. She rocked her body against mine and I kissed down her stomach and to the scar that now ran along her stomach. She moaned quietly, encouraging me that it didn't hurt.

We hadn't slept together in weeks, it was definitely worth the wait and I was extremely happy that I didn't lose her.