Jealousy

Alison:
Emily and I had been going to our jobs for a few weeks now. We had finally settled into our routine, I found myself thinking that I could spend the rest of my life with her.

"Good morning babe." Emily muttered in my ear.

Words could not describe how much I loved waking up like this.

"Morning. You working today?" I turned over to face her and propped my head up with my hands.

She nodded, "I start at 12:00. You?"

I shook my head, "I get the day off."

"Come visit me!" Emily said excitedly and I couldn't help but smile.

"Of course babe." I kissed her lips and she kissed me back, but quick. She hopped out of bed leaving me confused.

"Where are you going?" I inquired.

"Morning breath!!!" She yelled from the bathroom.

I giggled and shook my head, "of course." I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

We returned to bed and I instantly laid on top of her. I hovered above her body for a little while before I placed our lips together. She responded eagerly, her hands moving to tousle with my hair. I moved my hands to her side, my tongue begging for entrance. She let me in, our tongues battling for dominance. She wrapped her legs around my waist. I responded by grinding into her waist. She moaned and leaned her head back. I kissed her neck and down to her chest.

"God, Ali..." Emily moaned and that only encouraged me.
-----
"Gee thanks Ali, now I'm all sweaty and I have to go to work." Emily said breathlessly.

"Oh hush baby, you know you liked it." I crinkled my nose at her and kissed her forehead.

"I know you did." She winked and hopped out of bed.

"Want to go for round two with that attitude?" I smirked and Emily glared at me.

"I have thirty minutes." Emily laughed.

"Oh trust me, I can make you come quicker than that." I remarked and Emily just nodded.

"I know, which is exactly why I can't get back in bed with you." Emily grabbed her work clothes from her drawer and went into the bathroom to change.

"Have fun at work. I'll visit you around lunch, okay?" I kissed Emily goodbye and handed her the keys to her car.

"Okay." She agreed and gave me a small smile before leaving the house. I bit my lip in a smile as she left the house.

We had made the payment for this cabin with both of our pay checks, with even a little left over. The joy in Emily's face made me so happy. We were making it, and we were doing it together.

In the beginning I could tell it was harder for Emily, to not see her mom or her dad, but she had warmed up eventually. I, on the other hand, was used to being without my parents, so I recovered more quickly.

I wasted time by cleaning the house and doing laundry. By the time I was done, it was lunch and I was on my way to see Emily.

I walked down the block and turned the corner to Emily's shop.

I entered the shop, the little tingling of the bell announced my arrival, Emily came out, her hands covered in whipped cream. She was followed by a very pretty, young girl.

"Emily! If it's a customer, you have to clean up!!" She laughed.

"Alison!!! Hi babe!!!" Emily ran out from behind the counter and pulled me into a hug.

The girl got quiet and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Talia, this is my girlfriend Alison. Alison, this is Talia." Emily introduced us, but I just gave her a curt nod. Something was off about her and I hoped that she didn't have any interest in Emily because that was not going to happen.

"Hi." She recovered quickly and gave me a smile. I smiled back, but intertwined my fingers with Emily's.

"Want to go to lunch?" I asked, directing my gaze toward Emily.

"Sure." She beamed and I kissed her quickly.

"Actually, you can't...boss said no more leaving during the afternoon, it's our busiest time." Talia grimaced, but I noticed a glint I her eyes.

Chick better back off my girl.

"But you left last week..." Emily furrowed her brows at her.

"Exactly. Boss was pissed." Talia shrugged it off with a laugh, but my suspicions only grew about her.

"I'm sorry babe, I can't. I'll make it up to you tonight." Emily winked and Talia gulped.

How could Emily not see that Talia was totally interested in her?

"Since we're not working tomorrow, we can spend the whole day together, too." I suggested and Emily nodded, kissing me goodbye. She mouthed "I'm sorry" to me once more before turning and going back behind the counter.

I glared one last time at Talia who pretended to be oblivious to it.

I swear, if she didn't stop, I was going to teach her a lesson.
------
Emily:
"So, that's your girlfriend?" Talia asked nonchalantly.

"Yeah." I smiled hard. I loved showing Alison off.

"How long?" She asked, leaning up against the counter.

"Well, we met when we were little, but it's been five months now." I replied, my mind going back to when we had first met.

"That's not really a long time." Talia laughed.

"I guess not, but it's not about how long the relationship is, it's about how you feel about the person." I shrugged, wiping the counter with a rag.

"And how do you feel about her?"

"I love her. With everything." I replied without hesitation.

"Oh." Was all Talia said.

"What's wrong??" I inquired.

"Nothing!" Talia insisted and smiled, "it's just that I hate relationships, I've been in a lot of bad ones."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I chewed my lip.

She just shrugged and then a customer entered.

Talia had been acting weird ever since Alison left, and I felt bad for showing Alison off when she had so many bad experiences with relationships.

It was time to clean up, so I wiped off the tables and cleared the counters.

"I'm out. I'll see you next week." I waved to Talia and she gave me a half-wave back.
---------
"Hey Ali." I leaned down to kiss her cheek since she was on the couch.

"Hey. How was the rest of work?" Alison asked.

"It was good. Busy though."

"Good. Leaves no time for Talia to flirt with you." Alison huffed.

"Don't be ridiculous! She's not interested in me." I retorted.

"That's not what I saw." Alison replied stubbornly.

"Stop being jealous over nothing." I crossed my arms.

"It's not nothing. Emily, you're mine."

"And you're mine. Do you not trust me?" I questioned.

"I trust you, I don't trust her." Alison replied.

"You're being ridiculous." I repeated.

"No I'm not." Alison insisted.

I threw my hands in the air, "I can't do this."