Getting personal

Alison:
Emily had fallen asleep again and I let her because I knew she probably had a huge headache. I untangled myself from her to go get some Advil and water. She would definitely need them when she woke up again.

I thought about last night again and my anger flared inside me at Ben. If Emily hadn't called out to me, he would've made her life hell. I literally wanted to kill him. No, I wanted to make him suffer.

I'd give him a ton of paper cuts on his hand and then pour lemon juice on them.

I smiled to myself, satisfied. He needed to pay for what he did to Emily.

When I got back to the room Emily was sitting up, her eyes still filled with sleep.

"Morning. Here, take these." I smiled as she rubbed her eyes.

"Thanks." She replied taking the pills eagerly. She downed the water and I realized she was probably parched.

"Do you want some more water?" I placed my hand on her forehead.

"No. Don't leave." She held my wrist with her hand.

"I'll be right back." I assured her. She bit her lip and I found myself wanting to be on top of her.

Stop, you need to take care of Emily right now.

I went into the kitchen and filled the glass. I also grabbed a small towel and made it damp.

"See? I told you I'd be back." I said but then I realized she had fallen asleep again. I smiled to myself and placed the damp towel on her head. I placed the water next to her bed and stroked her cheek.

She was beautiful. But not like the girls in the movies or magazines. She was beautiful for the way she made people smile and the way she could make anyone feel welcomed. She was beautiful for just being her.

Emily stirred in her sleep and managed to lay on top of me. My breathing quickened as I placed my hands on her lower back. I didn't think this was a very comfortable position for her, but she didn't seem to mind it. Her towel has fallen off, but her fever had gone down so I just set it aside. I laid my head on top of hers and just breathed in the comforting scent of her. A few minutes later I felt kisses being placed on my neck. I stiffened, Emily had found my weak spot.

"How are you feeling?" I said weakly.

She moved to look me in the eyes, "so much better."

"Good." I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Why do you put on this tough shell school, but you're so not like that?" Her brows furrowed in concentration. Her breath smelled minty for some reason and I wanted to taste her strawberry lips.

Instead, I focused on answering her question, "it's only with you that I'm not. It's just easier for me to be that way."

She trailed a finger down my jaw line, "why? I like you when you act like you care..."

"Em, it's better if you don't know." I answered honestly.

"Please?" She pleaded with her big brown eyes.

I refused to look at her face, knowing I would break if I did. Eventually, I looked at her eyes, "I don't like people thinking they can get close to me. I'd rather have one close friend than have a million fake friends. People use me, all the time. If I seem stand-offish and rude, they won't want to talk to me."

"That didn't stop me."

I looked at her and smiled, "yes, I know. But why?"

This time it was my turn to question her.

"You were a mystery, you intrigued me. I wanted to know you more, from our first encounter, you had me hooked. Now that I do know you, I never want to stop." She answered making me blush.

If only she knew that the time we bumped into each other wasn't our first encounter.

If only she knew that she had me whipped since we were ten years old.

If only.
----------
Emily:
The way Alison clenched her jaw to keep from smiling made me go weak on the inside. Staring at her when she thought I wasn't looking was actually fun.

And no, I'm not a creepy stalker.

The way that her blue eyes crinkled when she smiled seemed familiar and comforting.

"What are you looking at?" She asked defensively.

"Thank you, for everything." I changed the subject.

"Oh stop it," she blushed furiously, "if you ever do that again. I'm not helping you."

"Mhmm, okay." I crinkled my nose at her, knowing she loved that.

It worked, her eyes turned a dark blue and she stared at my lips and flicked her eyes to mine. She couldn't help but bite her lip and when she spoke, her voice was low and sexy af.

"Emily."

It was one word, but it made my insides turn to mush.

"Ali-"

"Sh." She interrupted me by placing a finger to my lips.

I did a sharp intake of breath. My skin was tingling and I couldn't stop staring into her eyes.

She moved her hands to my face and pulled me into her. I realized that she liked to take control and I was letting her. She didn't kiss me at first and she instead kissed my jawline.

This teasing was killing me.

"Ali. Freaking kiss me." I managed to say.

"That's not how you ask nicely." Alison whispered seductively in my ear.

"Well, that's how I work." I choked out as she found my pulse and gently sucked on it.

"That's not going to work with me." She quoted me.

"Ali, please." I bucked my hips against her leg but she avoided them, skillfully.

She knew what she was doing.

"Good girl." She kissed me then and I responded eagerly. I wrapped my legs around her stomach, needing contact. She arched her back.

"No way. You're going to have to beg for that." Alison teased, pulling my lip and biting it.

Two could play at this game.

"I'm tired. Goodnight." I unlatched myself from Alison and curled into a ball.

She didn't give in.

"Tell me something," she has curled up next to me and was playing with my hair.

"Hmm?" I mumbled suddenly feeling very exhausted.

"Why me?" Her voice, for once, sounded vulnerable.

I turned to face her, "I'm not going to give up on you Alison. Don't worry, okay? I chose you because you're everything I've ever wanted and more. You've showed me that today."

My words seemed to confirm something for her and she snuggled into my neck.

"I'm so glad you're mine." I whispered but Alison had fallen asleep.

Mine.