The perfect one

Emily:
"Well, hello girls." My mom said as we entered the house. Alison dropped my hand and my heart started beating quickly.

"Oh, hey mom..." I replied shakily.

"What are you guys doing here?" She inquired and I gulped.

"Well, school got out early since it's the last week." I covered up.

"Oh, really?" She crossed her arms.

"Yep. Look, out neighbors are coming back too." I opened the curtain revealing my neighbor who always ditched school.

"Oh." My mom smiled warmly then, "well, have fun. I just stopped by to grab some files."

I visibly relaxed and so did Alison, "that was close." She whispered and my hands were still shaking from the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Way too close." I agreed and we went back to my room.

"So, what movie?" Alison asked as we laid down on my bed.

"Well, can we not watch a movie and I just hold you?" I questioned, my face becoming hot.

"Of course. I'm kinda tired anyways. You're a freaking monster in bed." Alison curled into my arms and buried her head in my neck. I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see.

"When are we going to tell our parents?" I finally broke the silence after a while. Alison tensed and she rolled off my stomach.

"I don't know." She said in a tone that made me think she didn't want to talk about it.

"Uh, okay?" I looked at her curiously, but she shrugged and rolled over on her side, "we're going to have to tell them sometime..."

"Emily. Give it up. I just got my parents back, I can't lose them again." Alison snapped and I jumped back at her sharpness.

I recovered quickly from her outburst and retorted, "You just got me back, you're saying that you'd rather lose me than them?"

Alison's eyes looked in mine and I know she saw the hurt in them, "babe, no. I'm sorry," she took a deep breath, "if it means that much to you, I'll talk to my parents if you talk to yours."
---------
Alison:
"If it means that much to you, I'll talk to my parents if you talk to yours." I said shakily.

Emily's features softened, but her response surprised me, "know what? If you're not comfortable, don't worry about it yet."

"Seriously? I mean, I knew it means a lot to you, but it's just-I'm still bonding with my parents.." I trailed off and Emily smiled.

"I get it." She gingerly touched my cheek and softly pressed her lips against mine.

How did I get so lucky?

She laid my head down on her chest and ran her fingers through my hair.

It was moments like these that I loved the most. Not the hard-core make-out moments (even though those were amazing too), but moments where it was just Emily and I. We were speaking without actually talking. We were communicating through our body language. We were saying "I love you" without actually speaking it.

I loved hearing her heartbeat. I loved the sweet, short little kisses that we have each other in between sentences.

I just love her.

Emily fields has got me whipped.