Making up

Emily:
"I still don't like you getting back with Ben." Spencer chewed her lip after I told her my plan.

"Alison hates him, she'll have to talk to me when she sees us together. Then I'll apologize and everything." I assured her.

"I didn't even know Ben was like that." Hanna raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, he was good at hiding it." I shrugged and swallowed the lump that had appeared in my throat.

"Well now that we've got that all worked out, let's watch some movies!" Aria suggested.

We all agreed and I was extremely happy to not be talking about the whole situation.

Being with Ben scared me but if I wanted Alison back, I had to do it. Alison was worth it.
-----
A few hours later, we had finished the movie and the girls planned on leaving. Aria and Spencer had exited the house.

"Hanna!" I called out before she left, " can you stay? I kinda don't want to be alone."

"Of course I can! Let me run home and grab my things. I'll be back soon." Hanna smiled and I smiled back. I was so grateful for my friends.

"Hey mom, Hanna's staying." I informed my mom.

"Do you guys want dessert?" She asked.

"It's Hanna, of course we do." I giggled and my mom laughed too.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." My mom hugged me.

"Me too, I have a plan." I winked and stuck my tongue out.

"Oh goodness. If you go and do something to his house, you're not my daughter."

"Gee, thanks mom." I scoffed but she smiled.

"Tell the police that you're last name is doe, Jane doe."

"You're ridiculous." But I appreciated the joking around, I felt like I had lost my mom these last few days even though she was right here.

Just then the doorbell rang and I ran to get it.

"Miss me?" Hanna smirked and I shut the door in her face. I re-opened it a few seconds later.

"Hurry, my mom is making dessert."

"She knows me so well." Hanna pushed her way through the door, sniffing in the deep scent of warm chocolate chip cookies.
-------
After we had finished our cookies, we headed to my room. I sat on my bed and sighed.

"So, what's so special about Alison?" Hanna asked as she sat down next to me.

I looked at her in surprise, "I don't know. When I'm with her, I only see her. I only want to be with her. She can make me so frustrated and irritated but at the same time so happy and wanted. I feel like we've met before, like we have this deep connection. I love her smile and her laugh, which rarely happens. I love her dimples and the way her eyes shine when she talks to me or when she's happy."

"Wow. I've never heard you talk about Ben like that before. Sorry I asked by the way, it's just weird you know? With you liking a girl." Hanna said bluntly.

I had to admire her courage.

"Yeah, it's weird for me too. Alison is just different, she's so guarded. It makes me want to know more about her." I admitted folding my hands.

"What happens if it doesn't work out?" Hanna questioned peering at me with her piercing blue eyes.

"I don't know. I didn't really think of that." I looked down at my hands.