recovery

Alison:

It hurt to breathe, and it hurt to move. When I was finally released from the hospital, I wasn't really sure where to go. Emily had stayed with me, and I was extremely happy about that.

No one has heard anything about Ben, but I didn't care anymore. Emily was safe and that was all that mattered.

"Hey gorgeous." Emily smiled as I stepped into the car.

"Hi." I replied, my heart still having the same reaction as it always did when Emily looked at me.

"So, our par-" Emily started to say, but I shook my head.

"Just take me home please."

Emily bit her bottom lip, but agreed to it, "okay."

I laid my head back on the seat rest and fell asleep. My head, for some reason, hurt extremely bad. I managed to sleep for about thirty minutes, but the winding of the road to the cabin woke me up.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to drive carefully." Emily grimaced as she saw me wake up.

"It's okay." I smiled weakly at her.

We finally made it to the house and Emily ran to open the door for me. It still hurt to walk a little, but apparently I had been in the hospital for over a week, so I was a lot stronger. I hung on Emily for support.

"Are you okay to eat? Or do you want to sleep?" Emily furrowed her brows at me.

"Babe, don't worry about me. I'm fine." I assured her. I wanted to kiss her, but she was too worried about getting me situated.

"You got shot. How can you be fine?" Emily asked me, getting the bags from the car.

"Because I am!" I insisted.

Emily gave me a pointed look and I returned it.

"Fine, if you say so." She unlocked the door and I sat on the couch. I missed this place.

Emily ran up the stairs to put up the stuff and returned in a couple of minutes, "want anything to eat?"

"Heck yes." My stomach growled and I grinned.

Emily smiled and went to prepare me food. I closed my eyes and listened to the familiar clattering of pans and Emily humming. I just wanted things to go back to normal and for everyone to stop fussing over me.

"Okay, here you go." Emily held out a plate of Mac-n-cheese, my favorite.

"Omg I love you." I graciously took the plate from her and scarfed it down. Emily sat next to me, held up her hands and then almost as quickly, put them down.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"I don't want to hurt you.." Emily admitted.

"Emily, it won't hurt or else they wouldn't have released me." I pointed out and Emily bit the inside of her cheek. She still didn't believe me.

I set my plate down and crawled on top of her, my side barely hurting. I kissed her softly, letting that sink in. Soon, her hands found my hair and our kiss turned more passionate.

"I told you." I smirked getting off of her. I took my plate to the sink since Emily still seemed to be in shock.

"Ali, our parents want us to move out." Emily didn't meet my gaze as I made m way back to the couch.

"What, no!"

"Or we're cut off."