Mending broken things

Emily:
"Well, I have to go to practice." I said regretfully and Alison sighed against my chest.

"If pigskin touches you, she's dead meat. And tell her that I do love bacon." Alison smiled evily at me and I shoved her.

"She's nothing Alison, don't worry."

"Yeah, well now that you're out, all the hot girls will be after you." Alison crossed her arms and I smiled at her jealousy.

"I don't need anybody else and I sure as heck don't want anybody else." I uncrossed her arms and planted a kiss on her lips. I started to pull away, but her lips followed mine and she deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and her tongue slipped into my mouth. She then pulled away and smiled.

"Just leaving you something to think about when you swim." She winked and I turned around, my heart beating really fast.
-------
I got to the locked rooms to change into my suit but Alison's situation with her parents was bugging me so I told coach that I'd only be here for second half of practice.

Then, I drove to her parents house.
-------
My hands were shaking as I approached Alison's parents house. I didn't even know what I would say to them, what they would say to me. I had to get over my fears for the sake of Alison.

I knocked on the door and held my breath, the knob turned slowly and when it finally opened, it revealed Alison's parents.

"Emily?" They chorused looking at me confused.

"H-how do you know my name?" I stammered as they ushered me inside.

"Oh, it was a long time ago. Your parents and I used to be friends. Ali and you met when you were like nine or ten." Mrs. DiLaurentis answered me.

Ali and I knew each other way back then? No wonder I felt such a connection. It was no use though, I wasn't her childhood sweetheart so I had to compete with that.

"Don't call her Ali." I snapped and they looked at me in shock.

"Look, whatever Alison told you, don't take it from her. Why are you here anyways?"Mr. DiLaurentis inquired, narrowing his eyes.

"She's a good friend of mine and I saw her here and she came out sobbing, so I helped her. I came here to help you guys."

They gave each other a look and motioned to the chairs, "I think we better sit down."
---------
"Why did you guys treat Alison like that? She clearly didn't take the money and I believe you guys know that." I took a sip of tea that mrs. DiLaurentis has provided for me

Mr. DiLaurentis gave his wife a warning look, but she ignored it and turned to me, "everybody loved Jason. We couldn't ruin his reputation you see. He was an up and coming star, he had just achieved a minor role in a very popular movie. It wasn't until after Alison left that we realized how serious Jason's drinking problem really was."

"Oh, so him trying to kill her wasn't that big of a deal." I crossed my arms.

This time mr. DiLaurentis spoke, "We thought Alison was being dramatic about the bruises. We thought her boyfriend was abusive and she was just trying to pin it on Jason. The night she left, I walked into the room and I saw the blood all over the glass table. By that time, Alison was gone and we haven't seen her since two days ago." He put his head into his hands and choked out a sob.

"You guys can still fix this. You can explain everything to her. It may be hard for her to hear and she may not completely trust you guys right away, but you're her parents and she needs you." My eyes flickered from his face to hers and I saw them soften.

"You don't think it's too late?" Mrs. DiLaurentis looked up hopefully at my face.

"It's never too late." I let that hang out there and then added, "I have to go now, it's up to you guys."

I then left them sitting in their spots, still speechless.
------
I broke through the water and let it rush all over me. I broke the surface and started swimming.

I thought about the conversation I just had with Alison's parents. I hoped they would really consider talking to Alison and maybe fixing that situation. Everyone needs their parents, even when you'd had to survive without them for so long.

She needed to feel loved again by the ones who were supposed to never stop loving her.

I flip-turned on the wall and dolphin kicked to half, swimming helped me relax and I really needed to.
---------
"Hey mom. Is Ali still here?" I asked setting my keys on the countertop.

"Yeah, does she live her now?" My mom joked and I laughed.

"For now, yes." I kissed her cheek, "I thought you were staying in the office?"

"I am, I'm just stopping by to grab some files and then I'll be off. I'll grab something on the way home so it's just you girls that will be eating." She opened her file, searching for something. She found it and smiled at me.

"Okay." I smiled back as she went out the door.

"Honey, I'm hoommee." I called out to Alison and she poked her head out my bedroom.

"Go take a shower, punk." She smirked as I entered the room.

"Oh, practice was great. Thanks for asking." I replied sarcastically and she raised her brow at me.

"I didn't ask."

"Right." I nodded my head and grabbed some spandex to wear and a t-shirt.

"Don't take too long." Alison told me but then muttered, "I've missed you."

Her last words made my heart leap so I hurried to shower. However, while I was showering, I thought of my dad and that saddened me. I only seemed to not be thinking about him when I was with Alison and I felt guilty for that. At the same time, dad would've wanted me to be happy, right?

The water had gone cold so I turned it off and dried off, wrapping the towel around my head to help my hair dry. I quickly put on my clothes and took out the towel to brush my hair. I knew this outfit would make Alison go crazy, but I did love teasing her.

"Hey." I side-smiled at Alison, knowing she was checking me out.

"Took you long enough." Was all she said.

"Shut up." I remarked and she glared at me.

"What?" She challenged.

"Oooh, nothing." I smirked and Alison tackled me on the bed.

"I'll only shut up if you make me." She teased me with a glint in her eyes.

"No problem."

----------
Alison:
Emily kissed me with such intensity that I was taken away at first but then quickly recovered, our lips battling each other. I let my hand travel up the side of Emily's body, but I knew her boundaries and I didn't want to cross them in case she would regret it in the morning.

She then softened the kiss, it wasn't until a few seconds later that I tasted salt on my lips. I pulled away and I realized Emily was crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"It's just, I'm having fun with you here, and my dad he's in war-" a tear traveled down her face.

I craddled her head in my hands, "I know you think that it's not okay, so I'm not going to say that. I just know that your dad wouldn't have wanted you to dwell this long and be sad all the time. It's not like you've forgotten him."

She turned up her head to look at me and smiled, "I guess you're right."

"I'm always right."

I kissed her again. This time it was slow and sweet.

We were slowly helping mend each other, even if she didn't know it, she was helping me so much.