The big moment

Emily:

  For a second it was like the noise you hear after a bomb goes off, absolute silence. I could see Alison, but I couldn't hear what she was saying.

"Marry me." Her words came out as an echo and it was all I could do just to nod. Her face broke into a smile and she pulled me in for a kiss. My mind was still going crazy, but my body had kicked into its natural instincts and I found my lips moving against hers.

"Ali, I can't believe it." I managed to say after a while. She slipped the band unto my finger and kissed me again.

"I talked to your mom, and it took a while but she finally agreed." Alison informed me.

"I love you." I replied, beaming as I looked at my hand with the ring on it.

"I love you too."

"We have to get all the details planned and the food and the dresses and the guests and the-"

"Em, shut up. Just a second ago you couldn't speak and now you can't stop. So shush you hobo." Alison teased me with the familiar glint in her eyes.

"You're right, I say we have a quiet peaceful wedding."

"Yeah let's go with that." Alison giggled, "I'll start picking up more shifts."

"Me too." I smiled and Alison looked t my with a hint of jealousy, "what?? Chill out, I'm engaged. She won't mess with me again!"

"She better not, or you're quitting." Ali crosses her arms and made and adorable pouting face.

"Okay fine." I surrendered and kissed her softly on the lips.

She smiled against my lips and kissed me back.

"I still feel like this is a dream." I admitted to her as she laid me down on the bed.

"I know. It feels like just yesterday we were in school and dealing with Ben." She replied as she put her head on my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair and sighed contently.

"I don't regret a single moment of it." I kissed the top of her head and listened to her quiet breathing.

"You better not." Alison countered but then kissed my neck as if to soften the blow.

We laid there together in the quietness of the afternoon. Both of us were planning and daydreaming of the days to come when we would spend all of our days and the rest of our lives together.