Hanging out

Emily:
School seemed to drag on forever. All I wanted to do was hang out with Alison, what could I say? She was intriguing and I wanted to know more about her.

I wanted to know everything about her.

However, I knew that would take time so I had to be patient. This was just going to be a friendship, nothing else.

Nothing else.

That's what I had to keep telling myself because my heart kept wanting to beat out of my chest.

Finally the bell rang and I nearly sprinted out to meet Ben and inform him that we couldn't hang out.

"Hey." He smiled as I reached my swim locker. It was usually empty after school so we met up here sometimes to kiss.

"Hey. I'm hanging out with some friends after school but I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled back at him.

"But I barely saw you yesterday either." He shoved me against my locker and started kissing my neck. Usually I would be turned on by his leadership but not today.

"Ben stop." I firmly stated shoving him away. He just smirked and pulled my shoulder sleeve down a little bit. He kissed my shoulder and I flinched.

"Ben, I said stop." I shouted and he looked at me.

"Fine, I was just trying to have some fun." He hugged me and whispered he was sorry into my ears about fifty times.

I just shook my head and left. My hands were shaking from what had just happened. I had never seen Ben like that. A smile appeared on my face when I saw Alison leaning up against my car.

"Hey stranger." I tried to smile happily as if I hadn't just almost been assaulted by my boyfriend.

"Where are we going?" She asked examining her finger nails.

"Let's go get food?" I suggested.

She looked at my face for the first time, "okay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I said quickly. I hurried to the drivers side door and opened it. I shoved my hands in my lap, hoping to calm my nerves.

She got into the drivers side and looked at my hands and then at me again, "I said, what's wrong?" She said this more forcefully and I glanced at her.

"It's nothing I can't handle." I shrugged and started my car.

"Whatever. I didn't really care anyways." She stared at the window looking extremely bored.

Okay.....
--------------------
Alison:
If I was being honest, it bugged me that Emily wouldn't tell me what was wrong. She was clearly shaken up about something and I was determined to find out what it was. I got anything and everything I wanted, Emily was no exception either.

"Where are we getting food?" She asked me politely.

"I don't know, you suggested we get food so you pick." I retorted, I looked at my nails again hoping she wouldn't hear my heart beating super fast.

Why couldn't I be a normal person and just accept that I had feelings for her?

Oh my goodness, I literally just said that I had feelings for her. This wasn't good at all. If I was rude to her then maybe she'd give up on me.

"Let's go get ice cream." She seemed distracted, like she was thinking of something else.

"Yeah, whatever." I crossed my arms and looked at her out of my peripheral vision.

She didn't retort or say anything sarcastic back instead she said, "what's your favorite ice cream?"

She wasn't giving up on me, yet.

"I don't know." I said shortly thinking maybe she'd stop talking to me and leave me alone so my feelings could stop for her.

"Mine is chocolate chip cookie dough." She said without me even asking.

"Did I ask?" I chuckled and turned my vision to the window again.

"You did in your mind." She looked at me and gave me one of her signature shy smiles.

I melted, "mines chocolate chip cookie dough too." I admitted.

"It's so great, isn't it?" She asked pulling into the parking lot. I nodded to her and smiled to myself. When we got to the store I was surprised to find that she had opened the door for me.

"That's right." I mumbled in a sort of thankfulness.

She just shook her head and smiled. Gah, she was so adorable.

Hah, just kidding. I did not just say that!

We got out ice cream and of course we both got chocolate chip cookie dough. She put fudge and extra cookie dough on hers and I just put fudge on mine. They reminded me of Emily's eyes.

"Should we sit outside?" She asked after we had paid.

"And have people see us? Hell no. We're sitting inside." I scoffed and she just glanced at me.

"Ahem, language please." She giggled while taking a seat inside.

I rolled my eyes, "you're not my mother."

"Well someone should teach you." She replied spooning the ice cream into her mouth.

"It's not going to be you." I scarfed down my ice cream considering that I hadn't eaten the whole day.

"Okay." She shrugged and looked down into her ice cream. I took that chance to look at her. I studied her features as if I were reading a book. The way her brows furrowed when she was concentrating, the way she twirled her hair when she was nervous. She had a little bit of ice cream on her upper lip and I wanted so badly to wipe it away. But instead I just told her that she had some ice cream on her lip and directed her to the spot.

"Oh thanks." She blushed, embarrassed.

We spent the next hour just talking and getting to know each other. I didn't let her know what was on the inside of me because it was too scary and I didn't want her to leave me.

I didn't want her to leave me.

The realization sunk in as I was talking to her. I discovered that I liked talking to her, I felt like she listened to me. We could mess around and have fun and she didn't get tired of me. I felt like maybe, just maybe I could trust Emily fields.