Meant to be

Alison:
"I can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, my heart dropping to my stomach.

"I can't handle your accusations and assumptions." Emily explained, frustrated.

"What are you saying?" I hissed.

"I'm saying I need a break." Emily placed her fingers to her forehead and massaged her temples. Spit formed in my throat and I swallowed it, suddenly it was dry.

I had so many words to say, but none of them came to my mouth. Butterflies formed in my stomach, but not the good kind.

I finally found my voice, but could only manage, "are you saying that we're done?"

Emily looked sharply at me, "I don't know."

"Don't leave it like this. It's either a yes or a no." I snapped.

"It's up to you." Emily shrugged, "either you stop assuming things and trust me, or we go on a break."

I knew that I couldn't live without her, but she was being so stubborn and this was unnecessary, "I don't want you to go..." I said weakly, not meeting her gaze.

"Good because that would kill me." Emily let out a deep breath that I didn't even know she was holding. Her face broke into a small smile, "I'm sorry..."

All I could do was collapse into her arms, "I'm sorry too. I love you."

She held me up, kissing my ear in reply. She carried me to the couch and we laid there in each other's arms.

"I love you Ali. But please, please trust me." Emily searched my eyes and tenderly touched my cheek.

"Of course I trust you...it's-" I started to say, but Emily's soft lips interrupted my sentence.

"I know and she's not a problem, she's into boys and I'm not into her anyways. Okay?" Emily reassured me by kissing me once more.

"Okay." I mumbled into her lips. I wrapped my arms around her neck. My hands clutched frantically at my hair. She ran her hands up and down my stomach, our lips consumed each other's as if we had never kissed before.

We both pulled away in a daze.

"Maybe we should get into fights more often." I teased and Emily smirked.

"Mm yeah, sounds good." She kissed my again, she surprised me by straddling me and kissing my neck.

"Yep, definitely fighting more."
----------
We put in a movie, and I made us some cold tea.

"Let's stay up late since we both don't have work tomorrow." Emily suggested, bringing over a bowl of popcorn.

"Sounds great." I smiled, giving her a quick peck on the lips as she sat down. She curled up into my arms and tried(unsuccessfully) to throw popcorn in my mouth.

"You're so bad at this!" I giggled as Emily's attempt to make it in my mouth failed once again.

"Me? You're the one that can't catch it!!" Emily defended herself.

I just shook my head, grabbing the bowl of popcorn. I took one out and threw it up, catching it perfectly in my mouth, "oh, really?"

Emily glared at me, "try me." She held her mouth open and I tossed one in her mouth.

"Bam! I'm so good at that!" I giggled and Emily just ate the popcorn.

"Whatever." She huffed and took the bowl away from me.

"Aww, is wittle wemily mad?" I chuckled, I took the bowl from her hands and set in on the coffee table. I straddled her waist and tickled her. She shrieked and thrashed around under me. I just laughed, placing my head next to her neck, still tickling her.

"St....stop...." Emily cried out in a fit of giggles.

"Or what?" I tickled her again and she grabbed my hands.

In a split second, she was on top of me and I was under her. I widened my eyes when I realized what was happening, "Emily fields, don't you dare..."

Too late.

Her fingers dug into my sides and I tried to curl up in a ball. She wasn't letting that happen. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

"That's what." Emily smirked after I had calmed down.

"I don't like that." I crossed my arms.

"Yes, you do." She I crossed my arms and placed them beside my head, her lips were inches from mine and she kissed me. I kissed her back, but pulled away.

"No, I don't." I argued. Emily just laughed and placed her head on my chest. I played with her hair and ran my fingers over her back.

"I'm tired Ali." She whispered, after a while, into my ear.

"Go to sleep, love." I turned off the TV and let her get comfortable on me.

"Let's do something fun tomorrow."

"Let's go to our spot." I suggested and Emily nodded against my chest. I kissed the top of her head and in a few minutes we were dead asleep.
-----------
Emily:
"Wear something comfy. Like shorts because it's hot." Alison instructed me.

We had finished packing up our picnic and we were getting dressed.

"Well, I live with you, so I should be pretty good." I flirted.

"Well I mean..." Alison flicked her hair over her shoulder. I just giggled and grabbed some lacy shorts, and a tank top. Alison threw on a white t-shirt and some jean shorts.
------
We walked down to the spot by the lake. Right underneath the big oak tree. We set our basket down and Alison slipped off her shirt, placing it beside the basket.

"I getting in the water, let's hope I don't need you to save me this time!" Alison giggled and slipped off her shorts. I couldn't help but stare at her, "come on emily, stop staring and start joining."

I blushed a deep red and slipped off my clothes as well.

She pulled me into the water and I fell on top of her, "Ali!" I shrieked and she just giggled.

"Come on baby, save me this time." Alison dove under the water and I dove in after her. I clung to her body when I found her and dragged her up to the surface.

"There." I smiled proudly.

"I never really got to thank you the right way, so technically..." She kissed me, pressing my body up against hers. I responded quickly, our hands intertwined.

"You can thank me any time you want..." I kissed her again, I waded into the water until I felt my feet touch the mushy ground. I backed Alison up onto our blanket, never breaking the kiss. I laid down gently on top of her, our wet bodies pressed against each other.

"Before I get too carried away, we should probably eat." Alison muttered and I slid off of her.

"You're right." I opened up the basket and handed her a sandwich and some fruit.

We spent the rest of the day eating, talking, swimming, and relaxing. Looking over at Alison laughing beside me, I realized that I couldn't have been any happier.