Risking it all

Alison:
"Daddy please, I just need some money. You already kicked me out for doing absolutely nothing so the least you could do is help." I begged. I really didn't want to be here, it brought back too many bad memories.

"You can have fifty and that's all." He replied harshly.

"That's all I need. Thank you." I almost cried from happiness. He handed me the money and I almost escaped from hell.

"Well...well..well, what do we have here?"

I cringed at his voice and slowly turned around.

"What do you want?" I asked, sounding a bit stronger than I felt.

"Shut up!" He slapped me and I held my face in shock.

"Daddy!" I called out but he didn't do anything, just like always.

"Give me the money that you don't deserve." He held out his hand but I held onto the money.

"This is my home too, Jason." I stood up.

"Don't call me that!" He hit me again and I cried, hard. He took the money from my hand and let me go.

"I hate you!" I screamed in frustration. I meant that for him, I meant that for my dad, I meant that for everyone who lived her.

I exited the house, tears streaming down my face. I ran out of the gated house and wiped my face furiously.

"Alison?"

I immediately straightened up when I heard a voice that I recognized, "Emily? What are you doing here?" My face was red and my cheek stung. I never wanted her to see me like this.

"I....I followed you...." She looked down ashamed. I glanced up and saw her car parked across the street.

"What the hell? Invading my privacy?" I put my walls up again, nobody needed to know about this. I never wanted anyone to know.

"Ali, please. Let me help you." She gingerly touched my cheek and I winced at the contact.

"No! I don't need help." I bit my lip until it bled. I couldn't let Emily see the weak side of me.

"No." She replied defiantly and I looked at her in surprise.

"Don't try to invade my life when you know nothing-" I was interrupted by soft lips being placed on mine.

"Then tell me." She said simply. I looked into her eyes and sighed. This would be the first time I've ever told anyone about it. And that scared me.

"I can't right now." I admitted, my cheek hurt and I had lost the money that I needed to survive.

"Okay, whenever you're ready, but I'm not dropping this." She pulled me close and led me to her car. I molded into her warmth and when we got to the car, I was sad to leave that.

I was so falling in love with her, but I was still angry with her for following me. This was better kept a secret.

"Can I watch you practice?" I blurted out because I didn't want to be alone at that point.

"Sure." She looked at me confused, but then smiled.

"Can I watch you change?" I teased but unintentionally bit my lip.

She inhaled a sharp breath as my hand touched her thigh, "when we're together. Yes. I want it to be special."

"Good girl. Resisting me is pretty hard to do." I winked and her lips trembled.

We pulled up to school and she went to the locker rooms to change as I went to the pool deck.

"Here to support your girlfriend?" A girl who I had barely known said to me.