Getting used to it

Alison:
"Hey. Want to help me make breakfast?" Emily murmured in my ear and I giggled.

We had been sitting in bed, our bodies entwined together, just playing with each other's hands.

"Sure." I pecked her lips, but didn't make any movement to get up.

Neither did she.

"Eh, food can wait. I'm too comfortable." She laid back in bed.

"Wow, Emily. Food can wait? This is a new side of you." I teased her, laying my head on her chest. She just chuckled and played with my hair.

"Well, I'm not that hungry anyways." Emily sighed contently and I closed my eyes, listening to the soft beating of her heart.

She slide her hand to my back and ran her fingers over my it, her fingers grazing the sides of my stomach.

"I love you." I kissed her neck and she smiled against my head.

"I love you, too." She replied.

"What should we do today?" I asked propping myself up with my elbows on either side of Emily.

"Let's go job hunting, yeah?" She inquired and I nodded.

"Yeah, but after like a long time."

Emily chuckled and I placed my head on her chest again, tucking my hands under her back. I closed my eyes again, just breathing in the scent of her.

"I miss home." She said suddenly, her voice full of sadness.

"Me too." I admitted. Even though it was great here with Emily, there was a lot of responsibility here and I missed my parents. Especially since I had just gotten them back.

"But I love you and you're worth it." She admitted and I propped myself up again to look her in the eyes. I was instantly relieved because even though I missed home, I didn't want Emily to feel like she had to stay here with me.

"Good." I kissed her softly and when we pulled apart, her eyes were still closed.

We laid there for about a half an hour, just talking about past relationships and what we really want to be when we get older.

"Let's get ready, I'll make you breakfast and then we can go looking for jobs." Emily stated and when I tried to protest, she put a finger to my lips, "shh." She had a mischievous look in her eyes because she knew we couldn't get too carried away at this point.

"You'll be making up for that later." I whispered into her ear and then gently nipped her earlobe. She just grinned and shook her head.

I pushed my weight off of her and went into our bathroom to get ready. Emily headed downstairs to prepare breakfast.

I decided on wearing some denim jeans rolled into capris, and I nice button-up short-sleeved red blouse. I curled my hair and applied light eye shadow, a little bit of lip gloss and mascara. I looked back to examine myself in the mirror and decided that it was good enough.

"Oh my god. You look stunning." Emily's jaw dropped as she walked in the room, holding my plate of food.

I blushed and just took the plate of food from her, "so where are you thinking about working?"

"Well, I saw a franchise company of the The Brew here and I decided I should probably start there since I practically know the whole menu by heart." Emily informed me before going into our closet to search through her formal shirts, "what about you?"

"I don't know, I was thinking the grocery store." I teased and then Emily gave me a sharp look, "I'm kidding! I think I might get a job at the clothing store. Since I'm so hot."