Not an angel

Emily:
I met up with Ben at our usual spot outside the locker rooms by the pool. He greeted me with a kiss, but my heart just wasn't in it. My mind was still reeling playbacks of me and Alison crashing into each other.

"You okay?" He asked breaking me out of my trance.

I glanced up quickly and gave him a quick smile, "of course, it's just my dad.." I trailed off knowing that if I brought up the subject about my dad he would leave me alone to my thoughts. Thankfully, I was right and he just held my hand as a way of comfort. I was grateful for his support so I brought my other hand to his upper arm and pulled him closer to me.

"Are we meeting our friends or do you just want to be alone with our thoughts right now?" He asked sincerely as he looked intensely at my face.

"I think I can handle seeing my friends." I replied honestly. He was so sweet and thoughtful.

"Okay then." He pulled me over to our spot by the trees and I was greeted with hugs and a bunch of "I'm sorry's"
I laughed a real laugh and hugged each of my close friends really tight.

"If you ever need us, don't hesitate to tell us. Ever." Spencer told me, speaking for everyone. They all nodded their heads in agreement.

"Thanks guys. I appreciate it." I replied and everyone got really quiet.

"So...." Hanna said breaking the silence.

"Just because my dads gone, doesn't mean you have to act differently around me, it just means that I'm going to be a little...off for a while." I assured them and they all seemed to take a big breath of relief.

"Okay good because it was really awkward." Hanna snorted.

"Hanna!" They all chorused but I laughed at her bluntness.

"I agree." I giggled.

"Okay guys, let's get to class." Aria suggested and we all followed her suggestion.

"Bye Ben." I kissed him softly on the lips before heading to my first class.

You'll never guess who was in that class with me.

Yep, Alison DiLaurentis.
------------------------------------------------
Alison:
I couldn't help but stare at Emily as she entered class, I only hoped she wouldn't look back at me.

Emily fields was one of those girls that weren't exactly popular but they knew pretty much everyone. Everyone at our school knew me because they were scared of me. Everyone at our school knew Emily because she sweet and fun to be around. If I was being honest, I wanted to know why. No way in heck was I going to admit that to her though. I still had a tough time admitting it to myself. I liked being at the top of the food chain and I wasn't going down because of Emily.

"Hey, isn't her dad like in the military? We could totally take advantage of that and make her life hell." Mona whispered in my ear.

Usually I was more than happy to make somebody's life crazy, but for some crazy reason I didn't want to upset Emily.

Oh my goodness, what was I saying? I didn't care about how Emily felt because I didn't have feelings at all.

"Okay." Was all I said before I turned my attention to the front of the class. Emily making me doubt myself was getting on my nerves and it scared me.

Class seemed to go on and on. I only perked up when I heard our teacher say that the bell was about to ring. I glanced excitedly at the clock and packed all of my stuff together. I looked at Emily out of the corner of my eye and saw that she had already packed her stuff and was sitting in the edge of the desk swinging her legs. She looked so adorable without even trying.

Okay, seriously. This needed to stop.

"Come on, let's go chat with her." I grinned mischievously at Mona and she smiled back with a glint in her eye.

"Hey Emily." Mona said casually.

"Uh hi." She said cautiously.

"So I hear your dad's gone back into camp?" Mona asked, trailing her finger on the desk.

Emily's guard went up and she nodded in reply.

"So what does your mom do since she can't, you know, sleep with your dad?" Mona chuckled and I saw the hurt flash in Emily's eyes.

I hated to say that I made my heart hurt.

"Is your mom going to have to use one of those male prostitutes to get her off?" Mona continued and Emily retreated further off into her shell.

"Okay that's enough Mona." I said sharply.

"Why? You always love teasing people..." She looked at me curiously.

" I know, I'm just not feeling it today." I shrugged it off.

"Whatever." Mona rolled her eyes and stalked away.

"Thanks." Emily smiled a shy smile and looked me in the eyes. I ignored the way her warm brown eyes nearly melted me heart.

"It wasn't for you. Don't go spreading it around, okay?" I snapped in a low whisper.

She drug her fingers across her lips and twisted them at the end, "your secret is safe with me."

I laughed on the inside but stayed in a frown on the outside, "don't go around thinking I'm an angel either because I'm not."

"That's what you think, but I think there's more to you than you want to believe." She stated matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes but admired her braveness. Not a lot of people would say that to my face. Not that I wanted them to either.

If I wanted to be an angel, which I wasn't, I found myself wanting to be Emily's angel.