The Big Decision

Alison:
The next couple of months went by quickly. Most of it was spent with wedding planning and even reconnecting with old friends. That was mainly for Emily. Her friends almost cried with joy when they heard from her.

Everything was going smoothly with our parents as well. My parents could finally look at me again and Emily's mom was glad that she was providing for herself and being happy.

I was just glad that Emily and I were soon to be wed.

"Hey gorgeous." Emily whispered in my ear, hugging me from behind.

We were trying our wedding cake which probably shouldn't have been done two days before the wedding.

"Hey. Which one did you like?"  I bit my lip in concentration.

"I liked the lemon cream or the champagne cake." She replied, taking another bite of the lemon cake.

"I definitely vote lemon." I agreed.

"Are you sure about this?" Emily questioned, looking deep into my eyes. She knew I wasn't one for big romantic gestures and getting married was a big deal.

"I mean, I love you and everything, but don't you think this is kind of a little too early?" She continued.

I thought about it a lot and everything we'd been through and no matter how bad I wanted this, I knew it probably wasn't the smartest choice. We knew we'd always love each other, but maybe this just wasn't the right time.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, "two days before?"

Emily grimaced, "shouldn't it be good enough for us just to know that we'll love each other? And we'll get married, of course, but just not this soon."

I sighed deciding that she was right.
------------------------------------
My parents were more than happy about or decision, as I had expected.

Our friends were confused but Hanna bluntly stated that as long as we still loved each other (in both ways) we were fine.

Emily blushed and just hugged Emily whispering something in her ear that I didn't quite catch.

Hanna looked at me with a glimmer in her eyes and then glanced at Emily. I furrowed my brows but then shook it off.

Then Hanna stood up and announced to all the guests, "So glad you guys could all make it to the practice wedding, however there will not be a wedding."

She continued even though there were gasps all around the room, "but, that does not mean there will not be a honeymoon soo if we could all leave so they could leave, that would be great."

I looked at Emily in confusion, we didn't plan on a honeymoon. She just grinned at me and winked.

I shook my head, but couldn't stop the smile that tugged at the corners of my mouth.

She mouthed to me, "I love you."

I said it back and blushed as I did so.

The guests filed out of the room each one of them confused as they said "have a uh happy honeymoon?"

We thanked them for coming anyways and told them to keep in touch.

"Where are we going?" I questioned Emily as soon as everyone was gone.

"Sh." She placed a blindfold over my eyes and kissed me lightly on the lips, "just a little preview for tonight." She whispered seductively in my ear.
----------------------------------
Emily led me to a car and helped me in.