Making the best of it

Emily:
When I opened my eyes, I was startled. I sat up in my bed and looked around. Then, everything that happened yesterday flashed through my mind. I glanced over to find Alison, but she wasn't next to me. I pulled the covers off of me and set my feet on the floor. I went to my bedside table and put on some athletic shorts and a plain back fitted t-shirt.

I went downstairs and saw Alison sitting on the couch, reading a book, "hey, stranger." I said in my usual greeting.

"Hey, love." She patted next to her and so I moved to her. I laid my head on her shoulder, "how are you doing?"

I shrugged, "I'm doing better." I answered truthfully. The guilt was eating me away, but I was happy with Alison and I wanted to stay her with her forever.

"Good." She kissed my forehead, causing shivers to run through my body. I realized that we hadn't slept together in a week and I wondered how Alison felt about that.

"Are we going to look for jobs today?" Alison interrupted my thoughts and I shook my head.

"I thought we'd relax today. Get to celebrate the end of school, since we didn't get to last night." I stated suggestively. Alison took the bait and set the book on the coffee table.

"Oh yeah?" She questioned and I giggled.

"Yeah."

Nothing happened for a while, we were both just looking each other up and down. Finally, Alison crawled on top of me, straddling my hips when I was laying down. She put her soft lips on mine in a hungry kiss. I responded eagerly. I wrapped my legs around her waist and she ran her hands up and down my thighs. I moved my hands to the back of her neck, causing her lips to increase pressure on mine.

I pulled away, gasping for air. She grinned and kissed my exposed neck. This caused a groan from me and Alison bit my neck gently.

I ran my fingers through her messy morning hair. She moaned against my neck.

Just then, our stomachs growled. We pulled apart laughing.

"Food?" Alison asked.

"Food." I agreed and she got off me. I missed the feeling of her weight on me, but hunger was getting the best of me.

Alison tied her hair up and I went to the refrigerator and pulled out some fruit, then grabbed some bread.

"So, it looks like we're having toast and strawberries." I held up the bread and Alison shrugged.

"Sounds good. We're going shopping after though." Alison replied taking the break from my hand and putting it in the toaster. I got a cutting board and a knife. I took the strawberries and cut them in half. I left them on the cutting board since we didn't have plates yet.

We waited for the toast and finally it was ready. We scarfed down our food, satisfying our hunger. We then went upstairs and I grabbed my wallet and Alison grabbed hers.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah. Can we walk?" I asked back, I loved walking in the morning.

"Of course." Alison smiled and held my hand.

We walked outside, we were greeted by a hot summer breeze. It felt strange. It felt bittersweet. It felt like freedom.

The shops were definitely in walking distance. It only took us five minutes to reach the grocery store.

"Take two." I joked in a reference to yesterday's shopping trip. Alison shook her head, smiling.

We grabbed plates, napkins, pasta noodles and many other important food items. We also gabbed batteries, band aids and other necessities that you completely forget about when you have them at home.