Submerged feelings

Emily:
After I had dropped Alison off she was all I could think about. I even ignored all the texts Ben had sent me because I didn't wanted to be distracted from my day dreaming.

I liked to day dream about Alison kissing me. Was that crazy or what? I was with Ben and I definitely wasn't attracted to Alison, right?

The way she made my heart beat made me think something completely different. Thinking about the possibility of seeing her tomorrow made butterflies appear in my stomach and my pulse was definitely higher.

I shrugged it off and decided to text Ben, I apologized and said that I had taken a nap. Such a lie, but it's the best I could come up with.

I convinced myself that I was just confused and that there was no way I could have feelings for a girl, especially Alison. Eventually it worked and I finished my homework, took a shower, then went to sleep.
-------------
That morning when I woke up I thought about my dream, I dreamt of Alison and I. Let's just say it wasn't rated PG.

No, I had convinced myself that I didn't feel this way about her. So why were these feelings not gone?

I closed my eyes tightly, successfully shutting the images out of my head. I rolled out of bed and realized I hadn't felt sorrowful about my dad like I always had. My thoughts had been preoccupied by Alison.

I also realized that I liked that.

I packed my stuff up for school and decided to wear some jeans with a baseball tee. I loosely curled my hair and applied my make up.

"Bye mom. Love you!" I called out to my mom who was cleaning the kitchen.

"Bye sweetie, have a good day!"

Oh I will, if Alison is there today.
-----------
I arrived at school and found myself shaking. Alison's face was all I could see in my mind and I couldn't believe that I was nervous to see her.

Just then, I heard a tap on my car window. I jumped up and looked at my attacker. I unrolled the window when I saw who it was.

"You look like a deer in headlights." Alison remarked with a little smirk.

"Well when you do that..." I smirked back, "what do you need?"

Now she looked like a deer in headlights, "um I need the uh physics homework."

"We didn't have any." I stepped out of my car and crossed my arms.

"Oh well yeah, I knew that." She shrugged and started to walk off.

"Wait!" I called out. Ugh, why did I do that?
She turned around and raised her eyes brows looking extremely bored.

I still didn't know why I had asked her to wait so I came up with something on the spot, "did you get there safely to your friends house?"

"Yeah, you took me there. Didn't you?" She replied sarcastically.

"Right." I rolled my lips into my mouth and grabbed my backpack from the car trying to distract myself. Suddenly I got the confidence that only Alison gave to me and I said, "aren't you going to thank me?"

She turned around and stared at me with her piercing blue eyes, "nope." With that she turned around again and met up with her friends.

Well, it was worth a try.
-------------
Alison:
Emily left me wanting more. After our little conversation I went with my friends but I yearned to be back with Emily making playful conversation and teasing her.

"Hey sexy, why'd you leave me yesterday?" Noel asked slinging his arm around me.

"I wasn't feeling it." I chewed the inside of my lip and he just shrugged and went to go make out with Mona. I looked away bored and saw that Ben had met up with Emily. They needed to just break up already.

Woah, what was I saying? I didn't really care that they were together. As long as she was happy. Okay, nope, I didn't care about how she felt. I swallowed down my feelings about Emily and turned my attention to my other friends. Maybe I just thought I liked Emily because she made me feel like she actually wanted to talk to me and I liked that feeling. I wasn't sure, but one thing I was sure of is that I wouldn't mind if Emily and I hung out more. In fact, we had first class together so I was actually looking forward to that.

Plus, I got everything I wanted. It would be a piece of cake getting Emily.

It was easy to spot her walking into first period considering she was surrounded by a group of friends that all eventually lingered off while she kissed her boyfriend goodbye. I felt a pang of jealousy that I had never felt before.

"Hey loser." I bumped into her but she just smiled playfully back.

"Hey."

I liked making her smile, she had the cutest shy smile.

"What are you looking at?" She blushed furiously.

I also liked making her blush.

"Nothing, you hobo. Stop talking to me." I crossed my arms as we walked into class.

"I don't think you want me to." She replied taking her seat.

"Yes I do, I just told you I did." I rolled my eyes but inside I was grateful she didn't give up on me like most people did.

"But you don't, want to hang out after school?"

I looked up in surprise and she did too, it was cute that she couldn't control her thoughts.

I went back to being my typical self, "sure. Whatever." I definitely smiled on the inside.

"Cool. Where do you want to meet?" She asked looking at her phone and typing her thumbs furiously.

"I'll meet you by your car." I replied nonchalantly.

"K. Let me just meet up with my boyfriend first." She smiled quickly before going back to texting. I rolled my eyes and took my seat.

Even if she had a boyfriend she still asked me to hang out. That was a good sign, right?