Broken

Emily:
I was still in shock from Alison's comment. If word got out about us, it would not only ruin me, but us. My mom would kill me, not even going to mention what my dad would do. We'd just tell everyone that Alison only said that to get Ben to back off.

"Let's go to class." Alison touched my arm but I shifted away, I didn't want people thinking anything of us.

"Yeah." I said briskly.

"Em, chill okay?" Alison whispered in my ear. But I was looking at all the people staring at us.

"Just don't get too close to me, okay? I don't want rumors spreading." I whispered back and walked a few steps ahead of her.

"Whatever." I sensed her anger but she had to understand where I was coming from.

"Hey! Are you guys like a thing now?" A random kid ran up to me and asked.

"Pft, no. She was just helping me get away from Ben. I'm into boys." I informed the under classman.

"So, now that you're done with Ben..."

"Not gonna happen buddy." I shoved his face away with my hand.

"Really? We're just friends. Okay." Alison clenched her jaw and I saw hurt in her baby blue eyes.

"Alison-I just can't have anybody-"

"I know, I'm embarrassing. You know what? Screw it." Alison hissed and walked quickly ahead of me and hurried to class.

"Alison, stop!" I chased after her.

"Say that you'll be with me and I'll stop." She turned around and let a tear escape her eye.

"I can't-" I said, "it would ruin me."

"Exactly." She turned to go into class and my chest felt extremely heavy.

The whole class period, I couldn't focus. I had worked so hard to get where I was now with Alison. She had finally trusted me and I cared more about my reputation than I did about.

I was becoming exactly what she was scared of. She only believed I was using her and now she's never going to let me in again.
----------
After school, I searched desperately for alison. I need to talk to her, to explain myself. When I finally did find her, my heart sank like an anchor.

She was holding hands with Noel.

"Ali?" I asked in disbelief.

"Oh, hey." She turned around innocently and didn't smile at me.

"Alison, we need to talk-" I whispered noticing Noel was getting jealous.

"About what loser?" She scoffed, "I don't need you to do the physics homework."

What she really meant to say was that she didn't need me.

I searched her face, looking for any sign of regret. There was none, just a mask of pain.

"Alison-I-" tears sprung to my eyes but I blinked them away harshly.

"Get away from me, you freak. I hate people like you." Alison snapped at me as Noel slipped his arm over her shoulder.

Another innuendo.

What she actually mean was that she hated me and she hates what I was doing to her.

Sadly, I hated myself for it too.

"Hey loser. Get lost." Mona shoved me and Alison purposefully looked down.

"Okay. I'm out." I put my hands up in the air, looking directly at Alison as I did so.

She shrugged and motioned to my car.

Yep, she was done with me.
--------
Alison:
The whole entire time in class, I thought about what had happened with Emily and I.

I defended her and in return she tells me not to touch her or get close to her. I mean, I know being gay is not considered cool but dangit, Emily I was falling in love with her.

Yep, I said it. As if it wasn't already obvious. If she actually cared about me like I thought she did, she wouldn't care about what other people thought.

I was done, done with people using me. I'm over it.

Still, when Emily tried to talk to me after school my heart broke. She looked so broken.

Well guess what em, join the club.

"You coming over later?" Noel asked kissing my jaw.

"You know it!" Anything to get Emily off my mind.

"Good. I've missed you." Noel kissed me but I felt like puking.

His lips were nothing compared to Emily's soft ones. His hands were rough while Emily's were gentle and caring.

Ugh, stop. Emily needed to leave my mind. She wasn't going to consume my life again.

I just didn't know how to not function without her anymore.