Just the two of us

Emily:
The rest of the school week past extremely quickly, Paige seemed to be avoiding me in every way possible. She even switched out of my swim lane.

Good. She learned her lesson.

Alison and I were cuddled together, reading books together at my house.

"Hey, babe. My parents are out for the weekend. Want to get away?" Alison asked and I craned my neck to face her.

"Of course I do, I don't know if my mom will let me."

Alison giggled, "of course she will, she loves me."

I glared at her, but smirked, "okay, fine. Let's go ask her, princess." I mocked hopping off the bed.

She followed me, but put a little distance between us. I could understand why she did that, but sooner or later we were going to have to come out.

"Hey mom, can Ali and I go on a road trip??" I pleaded and looked at my mom with puppy-dog eyes.
She looked at me, and then at Alison, "is all homework done?"

We both nodded our heads.

"Then I don't have a problem with it. Be back on Sunday." My mom smiled and I resisted jumping up and down like an excited little child.

We hurried back to my room and I packed just enough supplies for the two-day trip. Then we went to Alison's house and she did the same.

"So, where exactly are we staying?" I asked curiously after we had gassed up the car and stocked up on food and necessities.

"Well, you know the place where we first met? Our family owns a little cabin and that's where we're going." Alison smiled at me and I just stared into her big blue eyes.

I swear that girl could hypnotize me.

"Sounds good." I nodded my head and Alison moved to the middle seat and laid her head on my shoulder, "you know, if this drive is long, you can lay your head on my lap." I winked and bit my lip, knowing that it would drive Alison crazy.

Her eyes clouded over and she leaned into my ear, "I might have to take you up on that offer."

My hands tensed on the wheel, I had expected Alison to say something sassy back, not go along with it.

"I was kidding..." I laughed nervously.

She shrugged, "I wasn't."

I just laughed again, focusing my eyes on the road. We passed so many beautiful scenes. The hills never seemed to end, the lakes were so clear and blue. They reminded me of Alison's eyes.

Thirty minutes into the drive, Alison has fallen asleep, her head still on my shoulder. We had another thirty minutes to go, so I didn't worry about waking her up. Instead I reached for a water bottle and took a sip.

Long drives like this gave me the chance to just clear my head. My dad would be coming home from war in a couple of months, my ex-boyfriend tried to take advantage of me, and some crazy stalker tried to break Alison and I up.

Yeah, my life was pretty hectic. However, being with Alison took all of that away. I felt so free when I was with her, like I could be anyone, do anything.

As if she could hear my thoughts, Alison shifted on my shoulder and fluttered her eyes open, "are we there yet?"

"Two more minutes, the cabin should be up here somewhere. Keep your eyes open since it is your cabin."

Alison sat up, focusing her attention on the cabins, "that one!" She put a finger to the window glass and I pulled into the driveway.

I vaguely remembered playing here when we were younger, the cabin still looked amazingly beautiful. It's tall, long wood walls, the decorative flowers placed alongside the house and the welcome mat outside the front porch.