Getting back

Alison:

Emily had been extremely gentle with me the weeks i was recovering from the accident. I didn't bring up anything about the marriage proposal, I had hoped the Emily hadn't heard me; she hadn't said anything to me about it and it was better that way. I loved Emily, but she didn't need to go through the trouble of being with me. As if hearing my thoughts, Emily came bouncing down the stairs. 

"Good morning babe." She smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Is it though?" I retorted.

Emily looked at me strangely, "Ummm okay...?"

"I've been thinking" I said casually.

"And...?" 

"I know it's crazy, but i think it's actually quite brave of Ben to try to get me back like that, you know?" I replied, suddenly finding my fingernails very interesting.

Emily walked over to me slowly and put her finger underneath my chin and forced me to meet her eyes, "Now say it to my face, Ali."

I avoided her gaze and swallowed hard, "I-"

"I know what you're trying to do, it's not going to work. I'm going to fight for you every second of the way. Do you not understand that?" Emily furrowed her brow.

"Em..." I tried to say, but stopped knowing it wasn't going to work, "I don't deserve you. I cause you so much trouble."

"I love you, Ali. And i'll say it until you believe it, i don't feel like you're too much trouble. A little trouble is fun though" She winked and pulled my face closer to hers.

"I love you more." I finally managed to say before I leaned in to her to kiss her. She pulled away laughing.

"Oh no, it can't be THAT easy." Emily tucked my hair behind my ear,  trailing her finger down my neck making me lose my breath. She then stood up and ran upstairs. 

"Em, don't you dare..." I hopped up off the couch and sprinted behind her. She had collapsed on the bed, full of laughter, "You know I hate it when you tease me."

"I also know you love it." She gave me one of her knowing smiles that captivated me from the very beginning.

I bent down over her and whispered in her ear, "I also know I can torment you to the very end."

Emily smirked, "That's what i'm waiting for." 

Her comment sent chills down my spine and I had never wanted more of her than I had in that moment. I kissed her ear and then her neck feeling her melt under my touch. Slowly, i crept my hand under her shirt, tracing circles under her rib cage. Emily took a deep, sharp breath as my teeth met the skin of her neck and I gently bit it. Emily tried to flip me over, but I held her hands over her head and kissed up her stomach, knowing it made her dizzy. She pushed her stomach up, increasing the pressure of my lips on her skin. 

"Ali, just take me already." She pleaded. 

And so I did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're making the bed." Emily giggled and i untangled myself from her.

"Ummm fine, on one condition." I crossed my arms, now officially sure of what I was about to do.

"What is it?" Emily's eyes twinkled.

I held my finger up and ran to my drawer, pulling out a small, black velvet box. I took in a deep breath and moved to Emily. Shakily, I got down on one knee and met Emily's eyes, "Marry me."