Can't let go

Emily:
After we finished the ice cream I didn't want it to be over. I wanted to spend more time with her.

"So want to-" I couldn't do it. I didn't want to seem too interested. I mean I did have a boyfriend. "Want me to take you home?"

"Duh. Same place you dropped my off last time." She got up to throw her ice cream away.

"Here, let me take that." I insisted taking my cup as well. She gave me a weird look but gave me her cup anyway. I think it's cute that she's not used to being treated nicely. Not that it was a good thing, but that I could show her what a good friend really is.

We got into my car and her sweet scent instantly filled the area.

I started driving and I purposefully took a wrong turn.

"Uh, we were supposed to turn that way." She informed me looking at me like I was dumb.

"Oh, right." I pretended like j had absolutely no idea I had done that.

"Don't you know how to drive?" She asked sarcastically.

"Guess not." I giggled and she just rolled her eyes.

I drove by the house that I had dropped her off last time and kept on driving.

"That was it!" She looked angrily at me.

"I know." I stated, "you're coming to my house."

"Do I look like I want to go there?" She asked in her normal sarcastic tone.

"Of course you do!" I shoved her shoulder playfully, ignoring the tingling sensation running through my body.

"Yeah, whatever. As long as there is food and water I'll go."

I didn't know why I wanted to hang out with her so much, all I knew was that I didn't want to let that feeling go.
--------------
Alison:
OMG I was going to Emily's house. I tried to constrain my emotions and I think I did that successfully. I mean, I was pretty good at it.

We pulled up to a gorgeous looking house and she pulled her car into the driveway.

"Come on, please try to be nice to my mother." Emily pleaded with me, opening my door.

"I'll try." I crossed my arms and got out to walk with her.

"Hey mom, I have a friend here. Her name is Alison and we' be doing homework!" Emily called out as she unlocked the door.

Her mom came out and put a smile on her face, "hi Alison, how are you?" She gave me a hug and that caught me by surprise.

"I'm good. How are you?" I forced myself to say but I was still off-balance.

"Great. You girls have fun. Is Ben coming over for dinner tonight?" Her mom asked going back into the kitchen.

Emily tensed up and her hands shook slightly, "I don't know, I think he might have a game tonight or something."

She was lying, I knew that Ben didn't have a game today. I just wondered why she would lie.

"Come on, my room's right here." Emily took a deep breath and put on a smile for me. I don't think she knew that I saw her shaking.

"Okay." I chewed my lip and smoothed out my hair. Seeing her so vulnerable made me feel even more attracted to her and I wanted to hold her and support her for whatever thing was making her upset.

"Wow, no sarcastic comment?" She looked back at me in surprise and I just shrugged.

"I'm tired loser. You're doing all the homework." I replied remembering that I had to act like I didn't care.

"That's more like it."

Okay, yeah. I was definitely falling for her.

Hard.