15.

Derek walked with Meredith on his arm as they made their way to the ice. Meredith's sights were on the rink, while Derek glanced to his mother, who looked up at him with a look of both happiness and concern.

"How is...?"

"I'm doing much better..." He said, watching her smile brighten just a little as he rubbed the back of his head.

Meredith looked up and smiled at her as well. "It wasn't anything a little hot cocoa couldn't take care of..." She smiled, watching Derek smile down at her as they carefully stepped down the stairs to the ice. She looked up at him with a determined look in her eye.

"No more shocks, alright?" He chuckled. "I don't think my brains can take much more jostling."

"No more shocks..." She giggled.

"You promise... no like... secret boyfriends... girlfriends... bouts with elephantitis that you haven't told me about..."

"You would like me less if I have elephantitis?"

"I'm not saying that at all... I would just like to know... you know... ahead of time..." He laughed as she gave him a strange look.

She giggled at his shrug and shook her head. "No elephantitis..." She laughed.

"Good..." He smiled as he began to skate backwards slowly, her hands grasped firmly in his as they glided across the ice. "Though you haven't said anything about the secret boyfriend or girlfriend..."

"No secret boyfriend or girlfriend..." She laughed.

"So I'm free to pursue you... if I like... ask you out on a date, perhaps..."

"Perhaps..." She replied. "Though I have the right to decline."

"Reject." He corrected.

"No, no... decline... what if a better offer comes along...?" She teased as his eyebrows shot up.

"Impossible!" He exclaimed as he started to speed up a little, their trip around the ice skating rink about halfway through. She laughed at his smile, shaking her head.

"Derek, I've known you for less than twenty four hours... how would you know that you want to go out with me?"

"I know me." He smiled. "I know how you have made me feel for the past twenty four hours..."

"Are you sure that's not just indigestion?" She quipped, watching his faux surprise at her silly question.

"Meredith, Meredith, Meredith..." He shook his head. "But I do know you." He said softly.

"Right..."

"I'd like to get to know you." He said, correcting himself.

"Derek... You live in Boston."

"You're from Boston..." He smiled.

"But I don't go to school in Boston, Derek."

"No... but you don't go back to school until..."

"Mid January." He smiled.

"You're going to push this, aren't you?" She asked, smirking a little.

"I'll let go of your hands and skate circles around you..." He said with a grin.

"Oh...threats... very charming."

"I always get what I want... go ask my mother..." He said, nodding his head over towards her.

"You always get what you want...?" She asked, her smirk lifting his heart.

"Oh yes..." He nodded.

"We'll have to see about that..." She replied, laughing at the look on his face.

"So?" He asked, tilting his head as he started pulling her into the middle of the rink.

"I'll have to think about it..." She laughed, feeling the grip on her hands loosen. "Derek..." She said nervously.

"Think about it..." he said as he grinned, softly skating backwards a little as she opened her mouth in surprise, her hands slipping from him.

"Derek... get back here..." She mumbled as she tried to move, her legs stuck in that position as he grinned wickedly at her.

"If you want me, you have to come get me..." He whispered with a grin.

"This is mean... mean, mean, mean..." She whispered, her voice sounding furious, though the grin on her face deceived her.

"Come on..." he said, skating another foot away.

"Derek... don't leave me here..." She mumbled.

"I thought you were thinking..." He teased.

"Derek... don't leave me here..." She said, smirking as she shook her head.

"Think... think... think... think..." He laughed as he backed up a little more.

"Oh... I am so going to make you fall!" She exclaimed suddenly, pushing off her skate. She propelled herself forward, surprising herself and Derek as she went flying at full speed into him, sending him skating backwards. He had control, however, grabbing her into his arms as he skated backwards lightly into the wall, his skates pounding lightly into the window as he gripped her tightly, spinning her around and pushing her softly against the wall.

He put his fingers on her chin, pulling her eyes to look into his. "So... what do you think?" He asked.

"Derek." She said, shaking her head as she became lost in his eyes.

"Just one date..." He said, tilting his head.

"This is technically a date, Derek..."

"No... no... I mean a real one... let me take you out."

"Derek."

"I'll bring you to Boston... you can get settled... and you can dress up... I'll take you somewhere nice."

"Derek..." She said, shaking her head.

"How about I just kidnap you?"

"Ill advised..." She laughed, her eyes piercing into his.

"Really? You seriously think that kidnapping my boss's daughter would be bad for my career?" He asked with a laugh.

"Maybe..." She laughed, her eyes filling with tears as she watched him.

"One date..." He said softly. "That's all I ask. I've already kissed you... you seem to like that..." he said as he leaned in softly, resting his forehead against hers.

"Derek." She said, shaking her head slightly as her eyes agreed to it.

"One..." He said softly, his smile widening as he felt her opening up to him.

"Fine..." She sighed, pretending that it was such a huge decision, shaking her head. "Fine... one date..."

"YES!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, he nearly lost his footing, and Meredith had to grab him around the waist to steady him.

She felt him wrap his arms around her as well, laughing into her hair as he smelled in the sweet scent of lavender. "Thank you for saving me..." He whispered as she just held him, and he just held her, oblivious to everything else as they stood alone beneath the Christmas tree.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
Hey! Did u guys liked the new
episode of Grey's?
Just don't give any spoilers because I haven't watched it yet!
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄