79.

Derek's day was coming to a close, and Meredith knew that she would still have a long night ahead of her. She walked down the hallway with Cristina as they made it to the elevator to go to the cafeteria for dinner. Meredith sighed as they stepped down the hallway and Meredith could feel someone watching her from behind them. She smiled as she turned around, walking backwards, she smiled at the doctor walking down the hallway, several paces behind. He smiled back as he watched her playfully skip backwards.

"Here we go..." Cristina rolled her eyes.

"Hey, Doctor Shepherd." Meredith said with a grin. "You heading home for the night?" She asked as she and Cristina slowed as they neared the elevator.

"That I am...Doctor Grey. I hope that you're having a good first shift." He said with a smile as he caught up with them, just wanting to pull her into him so badly and give her a kiss. Her playful side was showing through, and when she smiled like that it made him just want to kiss her silly.

"Well, I was apprehensive at first... but I think I'm getting the hang of it..." She smiled with a giggle as she pressed the button for the elevator.

"You know what... I'm just going to take the stairs, you two make me sick..." Cristina mumbled as she turned to walk away.

"Cris, wait..." Meredith said as she grabbed Cristina's arm. She turned to Derek and smiled. "Dr. Shepherd... do you have ten dollars that I could borrow?"

Derek gave her a strange look, tilting his head as Cristina laughed out loud. "Ten dollars?"

"Yeah... ten dollars... don't worry... I'm sure I'll be paying you back tomorrow..." Meredith giggled as she glanced to Cristina. Derek pulled his wallet out and pulled out a ten dollar bill. "Thanks." She said with a giggle as she immediately handed the ten dollars to Cristina. "I'll meet you in the cafeteria..." She laughed at Cristina.

"You two are sick..." Cristina laughed as she pocketed the ten dollars and turned towards the stairwell just as the elevator door opened.

Meredith stepped into the empty elevator, followed by Derek, who moved behind her as the doors closed. As soon as the doors closed, he took a step forward and pressed his nose against her hair. "You are so fucking adorable..." He whispered.

Meredith giggled a little as she pressed the button for the fourth floor. "Why, thank you..." She whispered as she turned around suddenly and pushed him hard against the wall of the elevator, smashing her lips onto his. His hands instinctively roaming her body, through her hair, their tongues assaulting one another as he reveled every second of the kiss, breathing in her scent, tasting her salty skin on his lips, he was just becoming lost in the kiss when the elevator bell rang to indicate the next floor. "I'll call you later." She whispered as the doors opened and she stepped off immediately, jogging down the hallway with a skip in her step.

Derek stood in the elevator, wiping his lips as he tried to catch his breath. He leaned against the side of the elevator as Ellis Grey stepped onto it. He stood up straight and tried to collect himself. "Doctor Shepherd." She said as she watched him try to gain his composure.

"Doctor Grey." Derek said, his voice a bit shaky as he took a deep breath, letting it go very slowly.

"Are you doing alright, you look a little out of sorts..." She said as she smirked as she pushed the button for the lobby. She had seen her daughter run from the elevator, and Derek looked a little frustrated as he stood there, his hair a bit messed up, and he was licking his lips as he breathed heavily.

"I..." He said as he swallowed hard. "I think I was just violated..." He said, glancing to Ellis as he watched her smirk.

"Well, Doctor Shepherd..." Ellis said as she waited a moment, her eyes glancing over at him as he ran his fingers through his hair. "She is a Grey, Doctor Shepherd... and Greys are very good at the elevator quickie." She said as the elevator door opened and she walked off towards the front door of the hospital.