69.

Derek and Meredith rested with the baby for a while, a nurse came in at some point to help them feed and change the little one, smiling and laughing as they enjoyed their first moments with their son together, holding him, touching his tiny fingertips and arms, laughing at the sound he made when he cried, pouting when he would cry. Meredith began to tire, and Derek was starting to get hungry. He kissed her softly as they said an almost tearful 'see you later' to Richie as the nurse took him back to the nursery.

"You rest." Derek said softly as he kissed her forehead again. "You rest, and I'll go get something to eat... and call my mother and sisters... and tomorrow... tomorrow, maybe... we'll have some people come and meet Richie... and the doctor said you should both be ready in a few days to go home... and... I can't wait to take you home." Derek said softly, a sweet smile on his face as he watched Meredith tilt her head and smile at his soft words.

"I love you, Daddy..." She whispered as she smiled sleepily at him, her hand squeezing his as he smiled back at her.

"I love you, Mommy..." he said with a small chuckle as he leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. "Now you rest, my sweet thing... and I'll be back soon to love and cuddle." He said as he squeezed her hand softly and turned for the door. He turned to see her closing her eyes, already drifting to sleep as he turned the overhead light off and slipped out the door.

Just as he stepped out of the door, he nearly ran into someone coming into it. "Oh... sorry..." He said softly as he came face to face with Addison.

"Derek." She said, her voice was soft and saccharine sweet as she excused herself. "Derek..." She said again.

"Hi..." he said awkwardly as he wished he could just turn around and walk back into the room. "Were you just going in there? She... she's resting now."

"Oh." Addison said with a nod. "I was just going to go in and ask her how she is... you know... chief's daughter... we have to check on those things a few extra times than normal."

"She's fine." Derek replied, his hand still on the doorknob. "She's resting right now." He repeated.

"Are you... alright, Derek?" She asked softly, her head tilting as she watched his eyes give her a wary stare.

"I'm fine... and she's resting." Derek replied, glancing to the door.

"So I get it... she's resting... I should still..."

"You should let her rest." Derek replied. "I... am also a doctor... and there have been a dozen other doctors in there today... and I'm telling you... she is fine... and she is resting." Derek nodded.

"You don't want me to talk to her, do you?" Addison said, her voice was humored as she smirked at Derek, his jaw clenching as she stood there, settling on her heels as she crossed her arms in front of her.

"No." Derek said as he stared her in the eyes. "I don't want you to talk to her. I don't want you to look at her... Hell, Addison... I don't even want her breathing in the same air as you... and if I come off sounding like a complete asshole... well then... good, because that's how I'm intending for it to sound. Thank you for being there to help deliver our child... but that's as far as my conversation or her conversation will ever go with you... she is resting... do not interrupt her." He said angrily.

"Derek... you're not on the clock right now, so as far as I'm concerned, you're nothing but a visitor. She's my patient, I'm going to go in and..."

"Doctor Montgomery." Ellis' stern voice came from behind her, making Addison's eyes widen with surprise as she twirled around and grinned a fake grin.

"Doctor Grey." She said with a smile as she tilted her head. "How are you doing today?" She said happily.

"I'm fine." Ellis replied, noting the aggravated look on Derek's face. "Derek... how is Meri feeling?"