73.

"I thought you were leaving." Meredith mumbled from beside the bed as she contemplated climbing under it.

"You're leaving too... now get dressed."

"I've decided that I'm not going." She said with a sigh as she glanced over the edge of the bed at him as he sat on the other side. All that he could see were her blue green eyes looking at him.

"You're going... all of the new interns are going to be there. Cris is going to be there... I'm going to be there."

"I'm not going to be there." She muttered as she turned around, her hand going to the little bouncer where the baby was sitting on the floor beside her, giggling at his mother as she tickled his toes. "I'm staying here... right here..." She mumbled. "With my bugaboo..."

"Come on... Mom is waiting downstairs...she's probably doing more laundry... she's here to take care of him when we're not around..." Derek said as he pulled his shirt onto his shoulders.

"But we're around..." She whined as she turned her head back around. "I'm here..."

"Alright... that's enough..." Derek said as he walked around the bed and watched her sit in her bra and panties, her legs crossed as she avoided eye contact. "Meredith... you have to get dressed... we have to go..."

"Derek, we can't even talk to one another... we can't go together... what's the point of even going? I want to stay here... let me stay here."

"I'm not letting you stay here... it'll turn from staying home tonight... into staying home every night... you'll quit your job, he'll quit school... live in this house, just you and Richie... he'll grow up to be a serial killer, bring home hookers and kill them, eat them and bury their bones in the backyard..." Derek shook his head. "It's messy, Meri, it's just messy..."

"I'll make sure he uses a bleach and water solution to get the blood out..." She mumbled as she continued tickling the baby's toes.

"Okay, buddy... it's time to go see Grandma Shepherd... so mommy moves her cute little behind." Derek said as he reached down to lift the baby from his bouncer.

"Nooo!' She screeched as she reached her hands out for the baby, whining loudly as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"Meri, you have to stop this..." Derek said as he held the baby in his arms, looking down at her rolling into a ball. "I'm bringing him downstairs to mom... you better get down there soon, or I'll come up here and dress you... and trust me... you don't want that." He said watching her pout from the floor.

"It's not fair... Derek..." She whined.

"Hurry up, Meri." Derek said as he grabbed the bouncer with his other hand and swung the baby around, walking out the door, closing it behind him.

Derek walked down the hallway and bounded down the stairs with the baby in his arms, listening to him giggle as Derek kissed his cheek. "Mom?" Derek called as he walked down the hallway to the kitchen. He opened the door, finding his mother with her hands in the sink.

She turned her face and smiled. "Hi sweetheart." She said with a smile. "Oh... look who is awake..." She said with a grin as she dried her hands off with a towel and watched Derek as he held his son securely. She reached her hands out, glancing at Derek, who nodded as he handed the baby off to her. "Where is Meri?" She asked as she bounced the little one a little, running her fingertips through his dark hair.

"She's getting ready."

"Is she alright?"

"She'll be fine..." Derek sighed as he sat down at the barstool, watching his mother with his son as he grabbed hold of the button on her shirt, fascinated by it.