Chapter 15 ~ The Conference

Guess who reached more than 50 views? Lol! I'm happy now! I'm grateful that someone is actually reading my work. Anyway continue reading the story..

********************************

CHAPTER 15 ~ THE CONFERENCE

Asher's pov :-

It's been a few days since the WHO conference is over. I ignored Carl these days. I finally got the permission and I'm flying there tomorrow. Me, Min-Jun, three virologists and some soldiers. I hope this is going to be ok.

We will be there by helicopter and take some samples of some zombies to find out mutations and finally after finding rose, we will go to WHO research facility over there which is still active and secure.

And then after some research we're coming back to Asia and continue the research. So it sounds easy. But don't know how many challenges we're going to be undergoing there.

I'm going today night and not sure when I'm gonna return. I packed my stuff and essential things. They sent me a address. I should go to the airport now. I took my bag and was coming downstairs. Carl was waiting there. I'm pretty sure he's sitting there to block me from going.

I don't really want to hurt him. I understand him. But I don't wanna live with this guilt forever. I sat In the counch near him. He didn't say a single word. I finally broke the silence, "Carl! Listen! I will be alive atleast for you and max. Beacuse you both are my only family now. Please manage the business properle and don't think about me. I will call you daily so that you can make sure I'm alive.."

Carl said, "you sure that you will call us daily?" I said, "I promise!" After hugging Carl and max I drove to Chennai airport.

I've got a flight to Europe and fly from there to US. And then I went to the airport over there.

Many people were standing there. I realised that I was late. They gave us all a walky talky. It's for 9 of us. And they gave us many tin food for surviving days and many water bottles. We were also given many weapons and soundless handguns.

Later we entered the flight. There were only 10 of us in the flight and yeah! The pilots. We will reach there soon. I closed my eyes as I will not be able to sleep there peacefully without fear. I whispered to myself, "I'll be fine!"

I heard someone calling my name when I was asleep. It was a female voice saying, "Asher! Get up! We're here!" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Min-Jun was tensed and exhausted of trying to wake me up.

I got up and and saw outside the window. It was US airport. But it was a lot changed. It was like seeing a haunted place in horror movies.

The soldiers and virologists were discussing about something without me and Min-Jun. We went near them and realised that they were talking about how they're going in the town. But before that they have to collect some samples of zombies.

The soldiers went out the flight without fear and shot some zombies with soundless handguns so that the zombies couldn't hear us. It was already dark and it was easy to take the bodies of zombies inside the flight.

We took samples of five zombies and kept it in the bag safely. After that we threw the bodies out and started throwing our stuff in our shoulder. We went out and there we could feel a lot of zombies wondering as it was pitch dark.