Chapter 38 ~ International Act

Asher's pov :

Finally we calmed them and was sitting inside the tent to talk about it.

John said, "the mistake is indeed with my fiancé. I'm so sorry for her. We will leave immediately after my dad arrange us a safe place for us."

Rosalyn asked, "and who's your dad?"

John said, "It's WHO head, Theodore Wyatt."

I was shocked at a snap of second. How did Theodore's son fall for Zhuri? Is John in love with her?

I have no problem in them loving. But, I was just wondering how can someone fall for her even after knowing her true colour?

I think there's something in it. Did Theodore force his son? The main question I have in my mind is, Is Theodore a good person?

I dialled Min-Jun's number to clarify if the evacuation process is still going on.

I went outside to talk. Because I can talk bad about John's dad with his presence. It would not be good.

Min-Jun attended the call. I heard her panting and also I heard slamming of doors. Is she stuck?

I asked concerned, "what happened Min-Jun?"

She said panicked, "My husband got infected. He became a complete zombie! I hid in the bathroom and he's slamming the door. The door will break in less than a minute. And... I'm going to die."

I said, "don't panick! You will not die! Switch off the all lights in bathroom and hide inside the bathtub and close it with a cloth. Your husband can't attack you!"

She said, "ok!" And then there was a silence. She is probably doing what I said.

And then I heard some faint sound of grabbing cloths and patting bathtub.

I said, "be silent! Don't make a single noise."

I could still hear the cracking of the door and someone slamming it.

In about 30 seconds, I heard a loud thud which I probably guess that the zombie broke the door and entered the restroom.

It was silent. I heard the zombie sound from the other side.

God! Please don't let her die! She's my best friend. Soon I remembered that she have 2 kids. What would've happened to them? Are they safe?

I waited in the line patiently. Suddenly I heard a popping sound of message in the other side. Oh shit! It's probably from her phone.

I heard the zombie roaring and Min-Jun screaming to protect herself.

I shouted, "just stalk it with something in its neck and run. Don't lose to it! Please!"

She was still screaming. And then I heard her panting.

I heard her hoarse voice saying, "I have only 15 seconds left. Listen! I know why you called me! Th-Theodore isn't good. He's the main culprit. Evidence is with Dr. Yīnuò, The Chinese Doctor. Contact her and tear Theodore's mask! Consider it as my last wish.."

And then I heard her voice turn more hoarse like a zombie.  My eyes were glossy.

She was a good friend and person. Finally I heard her struggling voice keeping herself from becoming a zombie said, "s-save my ch-children.."

And then a loud scream echoed through the phone. It was her. She became a complete zombie now.

I dropped my phone in shock. It can't be. I should do as she said. I should make her last wish true. I will tear the mask of Theodore and reveal his real face to the world.