Chapter 33 ~ The Past

Rosalyn's pov :

She started, "your father loved you and me a lot. He didn't die in accident. He was killed by yahir!"

The moment when I heard it, I felt my complete world crash. To be honest, I was scared too and I don't know why I was scared.

She continued, "yahir is my ex boyfriend who tortured me a lot. One time, he kicked my belly and I was admitted in hospital for 1 week. I decided to break our relationship but I also know he will not be ready to leave me. He became a love psycho. So, I reported him to the police and he got arrested!"

My mom paused because of her continuous hiccups.

She said, "and i got into new relationship with your real biological father Caleb Myles. He's kind and have true love for me while yahir had is just lust. He was in jail for 1 year. That's when you were born. You were born on the day when yahir got released from jail."

I mumbled, "what!"

She continued, "I was back from the hospital with a newborn you. Caleb was driving the car. And I was sitting in the front seat with you in my hands. A car stopped opposite to ours. We got out from the car immediately and saw who was that. Someone got out of that opposite car in which my bad luck, it was yahir!"

I never knew all this! This is my first time in life, i felt someone actually explaining what's happening in my life. I feel shame that I don't know how my life's going.

She stammered, "A-and! A-and h-he.."

I asked her, "what happened after that! What did he do?"

She wiped off her tears and took a deep breath and continued, "he took a gun from his pocket and shot Caleb on his chest. Not one or two times, but five times. He shot your dad five times. I had to see all those with my own eye."

A tear slipped my eye. I felt someone squeezing my hand. It was Asher.

She said, "he was not satisfied with all those. He took a knife and stabbed him several times until he died. He was very good. He loved us a lot. But everything went in vain because of yahir! Then he forced me into relationship with him. He blackmailed me that he would kill you. I was not having strength to resist. So I gone through everything.."

I asked, "what about pearl? I remember she was born when I was 12. If yahir kept you for lust, how did pearl born?"

She said, "he decided not to let me go away from him. So, he gave me pearl so that I will not try to to run away from him. He gave a lot of love to pearl so that pearl will love her dad a lot and don't try to run away from him."

I asked, "so, why did you hate me these years?"

She said, "I never hated you dear. I just pretended to be hating you. He will be angry if you're happy because of the reason that you're Caleb's daughter. So, I pretended to be hating you and give him the satisfaction that you're already hurt. Or he'll hurt you more than that. I know you'll be happy someday after finding your love. As I expected, you got your love. Be happy! I won't interfere in your life as long as you're happy. I'm over the moon that you're going to live a life like a heaven after finding your love."

After saying that she gave me a smile that made me cry.

I asked angrily, "why didn't you report him to police. They would've arrested him and we all would've lived happily right?"

My mom chuckled and said, "he have connections with many politicians and it's nothing for him to come out of the jail. Also he was blackmailing me that he would kill you in a most brutal way like he killed your dad!"