13 - Vinton

The next few days passed in a blur. The first week of classes usually did. They had two three-hour classes everyday, rotating from Herbonomics and Mechanics to World History and Calculations.

Chris and Adam seemed to be adjusting to their classes well enough. Adam took it more seriously than Chris did, but, if Vinton ever asked Chris about the stuff they had learned, the guy seemed to know it. He absorbed it easily.

Chris Dalton was not just a pretty face.

Herbonomics and World History had always been Vinton's favorite classes. Only because they were taught by his two favourite masters.

Master Lyle, the World History teacher, made the historical figures and events feel real, important. The Master had a passion for the subject he taught, and that came out through the way he talked to his students.

Master Yelk, the Herbonomics teacher, was a genius. He was one of the smartest guys at The Academy, no doubt. And he let them do fun projects in that class, they were always getting their hands dirty.

But the real fun had been happening in the evenings. Every night, Chris always asked if Vinton would be down for a few rounds of panae. And, every night, Vinton agreed.

They would run around the court, and Vinton always got the chance to get Chris very wet, which gave him a nice view of everything the man had going underneath.

His muscles weren't defined, exactly, not like Vinton's. But they were definitely there. He was a big man, bulky. Through his drenched clothes, Vinton saw his thick pecs, and his massive arms, and his bulbous ass.

Chris didn't just take the beating, though. Oh no. He had told Vinton all about the sport they had played in their old world, football, and Vinton could definitely see how the skills applied to panae. Chris had no powers, he had no abilities, and he was new to the game. But he was quick and strong and determined, and that almost, almost, made up for his inability to shoot flames out of his hands.

Vinton loved his time with Chris. Not only was the man incredibly hot, he was also funny and always down for a good time. Also, he got this dumb, charming smile on his face sometimes, and, whenever he did, Vinton's heart skipped inside his chest.

It was a fucking tragedy that the man didn't like guys. It was hard to understand how that was possible. Sure, there were things called 'women' in their world, but there were also men. Why would they choose? Why would they have a preference for one over the other? And why would that preference be women?

The end of the first week was approaching. Generally, most people, especially the young kids, liked to go back to Sesstria, just to see their family and avoid any home-sickness. Vinton had gotten over that long ago, but he had promised to show Chris around the town and he definitely wasn't going to give up that chance.

The night before their final day of classes, their fourth day at the Academy, Vinton came back from a three-hour panae session with Chris, and laughed with him as they stumbled their way back to their rooms. The hallways outside of the dorms were lined with torches, flames licking the stone walls.

"Nah, man, i'm telling you. This time I felt a little tingling in my fingers." Chris held his hands out in front of him. "It's only a matter of time before i've got control over something, eh."

Vinton shook his head. "Deelo. Deelo. Deelo. So confident. So ignorant." It was admirable that the man wanted abilities. He wanted to be a fire elel. He thought he was a fire elel.

Chris laughed, that dumb smile again. "You'll regret those words when i'm lighting your pretty face on fire, dude."

Vinton stroked his chin and winked. "You think my face is pretty?"