92 - Breck and Nick

They came upon the camp that afternoon.

The landscape had been rising steadily for a few hours, the giant trees of The Spread growing slightly further apart. Something had been changing about the endless, dense forest that had surrounded them for days. Suddenly, the canopy wasn't so thick, and light was able to stream in from above. The ground became a little spongier, a little softer. The insects weren't bothering him as much.

The changing landscape was strange, but it was a positive change and Nick wasn't going to complain about it. But it did give him the strong sense that they were approaching their destination.

And Nick was proven right when they arrived at the valley.

A few hours after the sun had hit its peak in the sky, The Spread seemed to end. A few paces in front of them, the giant, constant trees stopped. The brilliant, blue sky extended from beyond the final line of trees, unbroken, unimpeded. The tributary that they had been following bubbled over the edge of some sort of ridge, disappearing into the beyond.

Breck broached the edge of the ridge first. He took one look down, one glance at whatever laid beyond, and then he jumped back.

"Get down!" Breck waved his hands toward the ground, and then pressed his body to the forest floor. For such a big man, he moved with a surprising, worrying urgency. He pointed towards the ridge. "The camp is right there." His voice was soft and quiet, but contained a rare note of fear.

Nick did as he was told, ignoring his burning, sore legs as he fell to the ground as gracefully as he could. He crawled towards Breck, breathing hard, heart beginning to thrum in his chest. "Didn't know we were so close." He craned his neck up, trying to get a look at what they were facing. But he couldn't see anything. "How big is it?"

"Big." Breck gulped and looked at Nick. "I hoped we would have more time. It... looks like there are a lot of people down there."

Nick nodded. "I guess it was inevitable. This was the end of our path."

Their walk to the camp had turned into a comforting routine. They had followed that whirling, bubbling tributary for as long as they could. Its presence had been like a buoy that Nick had held to. As long as he had been able to see that river, he had known that they were on the right track.

Nick had learned a lot about himself during their walk, and a lot about his new body. His face went red even thinking about what they had done last night. He should've been embarrassed about the slutty moans Breck had ripped out of his mouth by eating his ass, but he wasn't. All he could think about was how the other man's cum had felt, splattered on his back, dripping down his ass. It had felt right, so right. Yet, still, a part of him was yearning for something more.

It was like what they had done last night wasn't quite enough.

"I might not get the chance to say these words before this whole thing is over, so i'll say them now." Breck kept his voice low, but he moved his body closer to Nick's. "I love you, Nick Fulton. And I know we're going to make it through this, and get the chance to start a life together."

Nick couldn't look away from Breck's dark, shining eyes. They were like puddles of pitch that he had fallen into. "I love you too, Breck Xall. And i'm sorry it took me so long to realize that." The fact that those words came to him so easily now did not even bother him. There were more important things to worry about.

Breck smiled, leaned forwards, and pressed his lips against Nick's, bringing them together in a gentle, delicate kiss. When they separated, he smiled again. "Whatever happens, we keep moving forward."

Nick nodded, and looked up towards the ridge. He repeated those words, a comforting mantra. "Whatever happens, we keep moving forwards."

Together, they inched their way up the remaining incline and looked over the valley below.