29 - Chris

He did what he had been doing all week, he took a bath and tried not to think about Vinton. And, like always, he couldn't stop his mind from drifting to the man.

They had kissed. Chris had kissed him. He had instigated the contact.

Back in their own world, if someone had told Chris he was going to want to kiss another guy, he probably would've laughed or punched them in the face. To be honest, he probably would've done both at the same time. Chris Dalton had a beautiful, sweet, sexy girlfriend to kiss. And he was straight, unquestionably straight. He had never looked at a man twice before... before... before Vinton.

Fuck.

Vinton was different. Vinton had that nicely trimmed black, coarse hair. He had those mesmerizing dark eyes. He had that smile, that fucking smile that made Chris's heart skip. The smile that laughed at Chris's jokes. He had that broad, sculpted chest. He had those cut abs. He had that big, fucking cock, the one that had pressed against Chris's ass, the one that had sent jolts of pleasure through his body at the mere thought of it.

What the fuck was going on with him? Why was he thinking like this? He wanted to cry. But, fuck, he also wanted to jerk off. Which was annoying because that didn't do much for him these days. The sensations that had used to come from his dick were coming from his ass now and he had no idea how he was meant to orgasm, and he didn't have much desire to experiment. He was petrified at what that might look like, at what that might make him want to do.

It was why he had refused to see Vinton. He was terrified of what would happen if he laid eyes on the man again. He didn't know if he would punch him in the face or desperately kiss him. He kind of wanted to do both. One for making him feel gay, one for being the hottest, nicest person Chris had ever met.

He missed him, though. He missed the man so bad. Being away from Vinton for the last few days had been so hard. Chris hadn't realized how much he had come to rely on the man's company, how much he had come to enjoy it. It was like a piece of his life was missing, and the feeling had only gotten worse over time.

There was a light knock on the door. Chris's heart skipped, thinking it could be Vinton. But then Adam's muffled voice followed, and disappointment swelled inside of him.

"Chris, man. Can I come in? I have... I have something to tell you."

Chris sighed and pulled himself out of the bath. He had shorts on, which was good enough for Adam. So he opened the door and let the man enter, closing the door behind him and going straight back in the bath.

"Can I jump in?" Adam said, his eyes were looking a little red and puffy, as if he had been crying.

Chris waved a hand at the water. "Knock yourself out, bud."

Adam pulled down his pants and took off his shirt, leaving only his boxers. Chris felt nothing about that. There was no spark. There was no stomach fluttering. It was a shirtless Adam, the same one he had seen a million times and he felt no different about it. So what had changed with Vinton?

When Adam was in the tub and had taken a long deep breath, he put his hands along the edge and began to explain. "You're not going to like this. Fuck, man. I was fucking furious when Landel told me."

"What?"

Adam did seem legitimately upset. His voice contained a barely restrained rage that Chris had only heard a couple times before.

"Remember what Jalson told us last night?"

"The thing about the bet?" Chris said. "The lie."

Adam shook his head. "Wasn't a lie."