91 - Nick (18+)

The sun woke him up. It dappled onto the sleepy blackness of his dreams, rousing him into consciousness.

He opened his eyes and faced The Spread once again. And not just The Spread, he also faced the prospect of certain death, the fact that he was outnumbered and about to take on an enemy that was breeding terrifying monsters. Nick stared all of that down with his first few blinks.

But this time, he wasn't facing it alone.

His head was resting on the mountainous chest of the man beside him. Breck's gentle breathing was causing his pecs to rise and fall, lifting Nick up slightly with every inhale and exhale. It was like floating on a gentle pond right after a slight breeze nudges the water into ripples. It was relaxing. It made him want to fall back asleep.

He couldn't go back to sleep, though. He had too much to think about, too much to consider. The memory of last night was fresh in his head, hot and immediate. He had crossed a line, he knew. Nothing would ever be the same from this day onwards.

Breck's heart was thumping underneath Nick's head, a steady pump. The big man's gentle breathing was even and calm, meaning that the sun hadn't woken him up yet. So, Nick slowly pried himself off of Breck's chest, stood up, brushed the dirt off of his crallo, and made his way to the riverfront.

The small tributary greeted him, bubbling and flowing towards their destination, towards The Golden Spire's encampment. Nick waded into the shallows of the water and submerged his head in the purple liquid. In the river, everything was quiet, everything was simple, everything was calm. He opened his eyes and looked around the murky waters, letting his mind wander and his thoughts solidify.

He had kissed Breck last night. Not only that, he had made out with Breck. And he had enjoyed it. Honestly, that seemed like an understatement. The kiss had been absurdly good, life-changeingly good. The sparks of pleasure the kiss had shot into Nick's stomach had been knee-wobbling. Even now, thinking about how their tongues had mingled, how their lips had danced, he could feel his ass go slightly cold, slightly numb, and his dick start to harden.

So, he had kissed Breck, he had liked it, and then, after that, he had slept on the man's chest. He hadn't pulled away from Breck and proclaimed his straightness, he hadn't insisted that he had a wife, he hadn't done anything to discourage Breck. He had lowered himself down onto Breck's chest and had given him a goodnight kiss.

Fuck, he had done that. And, Jesus, he would do it again.

But what did that mean? What did that mean for him and Sally and Adam and Breck? He wasn't gay. He couldn't be gay. He had never looked at a man twice before Breck. But he was attracted to that big, bald, black man. There was no mistaking that. He was attracted to his body, yeah, but also his boisterous personality, his deep laugh, his infectious smile. But what would Adam think? What would Adam say? He was dating a man too, right? The Goddess had worked her freaky magic on all of them, so what would he say? And Sally, his wife. It had been a year since he had seen her, a long fucking year. There was a chance, even if it pained Nick to think of it, that he would never see her again, that he would be stuck in Sesstria forever. What was he supposed to do? Be a lonely hermit for the rest of his life? Or could he, would he, embrace this change and make the best out of it?

Nick lifted himself out of the water and shook his wet hair. He pulled the dripping strands back from his forehead and breathed out.

What was he going to do now?

"Ah, I see you've decided to take an early morning swim." Breck smiled as he lumbered down to the river, that same, insanely attractive, infectious smile washing over his face.