25 - Adam

He woke up early the next morning. For a few blissful minutes, Adam was conscious but not really awake, he was floating in that dreamy state of mindless comfort. The blankets were warm and cozy, and he was finding it very hard to give a shit about anything. And then the night before, what had happened, hit him like a pile of bricks, and so did the very vivid image of Landel in a krelz.

What was wrong with him? He had seen guys get undressed before, he had seen some of his teammates naked, and it had never made him react like that. Before, when he had seen someone's penis, it had been... oh, a dick, ok moving on. But, last night it had been... oh, a dick. A cock. Landel's big cock, right in front of his face.

What the fuck would Evelyn think? Part of him saw that dick and felt ashamed. As a guy, it was hard not to compare, and the Prince's cock was fucking enormous. It was way bigger than Adam's. No doubt it was something about being a front-jewel. Maybe he was meant to be a back-jewel, he had the big ass and normal-sized dick to prove it.

"Adam."

He opened his eyes. Prince Landel was standing in the center of the room and pulling on his boots, fully dressed, thank God.

"Yeah?" His voice came out groggy, hoarse.

"Gonna go check out that mingot mine before the convoy leaves," he said. "Want to come with? It's alright if the answer is no. We had a long night." He finished pulling on the boot and smiled. "You deserve a little bit of rest."

Adam sat up and slid out of bed before another word was spoken. He had already decided that helping the Goddess was important to him and, whatever he could do to contribute, he was going to do. It wasn't just the reality that that might be their only way home, but also the fact that all the people in his new home were relying on the Goddess to keep their population going. Adam cared.

"Don't even think of leaving without me," Adam said, pulling on his shirt and stuffing them in his pants. He tied up his shoes, smoothed back his dark hair, and checked himself in the mirror. A little disheveled, but good to go. "You sure we'll be able to make it back in time?"

Landel pulled a book off of the desk and opened it to a page he had earmarked. "Shouldn't take more than an hour."

Adam shrugged and walked to the door. "Lets get moving then."

The sun had barely crested over the horizon when they set out from the Academy and into the sun forest. The defenders had begun only patrolling the front portion of the grounds, where the road back to Sesstria began, so it was easy to slip into the forest unnoticed and start their walk to the shutdown mingot mine.

Still, though, the razor sightings had only become more frequent. As the Goddess's light had grown dimmer and dimmer, reports had come in about villages getting attacked, traders and families being set upon. The city of Sesstria was a bastion of safety, but a lot of people didn't have the benefit of it. Even at The Academy, they were protected. He couldn't imagine how nerve wracking it would be to live in a smaller, unguarded town. Well, maybe he could, considering that he was rustling through the depths of the sun forest with no defenders to protect him. It wasn't a relaxing feeling.

"I know I can't fashion a spear out of ice, but, if a razor comes around, we won't be completely defenseless," Landel said, turning to Adam as they walked. The Prince must've noticed Adam's worried looks around the forest.

"I do know that." Adam chuckled nervously. "It's the only thing keeping me from running away right now."

Landel smiled. "I won't let anything happen to you, Ads."

Adam's heart skipped at the nickname. He had been drunk when he had told Landel he was ok with it, but that sentiment still rung true.

"I'll do my best to protect myself, don't worry, man," Adam said.