19 - Chris and Landel

It was amazing waking up next to Adam. Well... Landel wasn't right next to Adam. He was a couple feet over and on the other bed, but it was still nice.

As the morning light streamed in from the top of their room, casting rays over his new dormitory, Landel let his eyes linger on his new roommate and smiled.

Adam looked cute when he was awake and, apparently, looked even more adorable when he was sleeping. His hair had fallen over his face, his mouth was open, and he was snoring, very lightly.

They could have been killed last night. That shadow caster, The Shadow Knight, had tried to murder them. But, right then, staring at Adam, all the stress and anxiety of that fact seeped away. He could've laid there forever if given the chance.

But they had class.

Landel rubbed his eyes and slid off of the bed. He threw on a shirt and started putting on his Academy robes. A couple minutes later, he decided that he couldn't let Adam sleep any longer, and gently nudged the adorable man until he woke up.

Adam's eyes opened slowly and he yawned, lifting his arms above his head in a big stretch. The covers fell down, revealing the top of his chest.

Fuck. Had Landel always been attracted to body hair? The light dusting of dark hair on Adam's chest and abs was making Landel's heart race.

"Morning, man," Adam said, getting up and rubbing his hair. He was naked except for a pair of underwear. His legs, ass, and dick were barely contained within the thin, white fabric.

If Landel had thought his heart was racing before, it was galloping like an angry jinniper now. He had to turn away and fiddle with his robe to make his erection less obvious.

"Good morning, Adam. Sleep well?"

"I'm still alive, aren't I? I'd count that as a success right now."

Landel laughed. "Good way to think about it. It's just... It's just too bad that we didn't get the book. Yerda is going to be out-of-luck without it."

Adam walked over to his wardrobe and began to dress himself. He pulled some pants on, which looked tighter and tighter everyday. Like the pants were being melted onto the man's ass. It was impossible not to stare.

"He'll figure something out," Adam said, putting on a shirt and then throwing his robes over it. "He has to, right? There is no other option."

"Yeah," Landel said. "He will. Hopefully we are worried about nothing but... I don't know. The fact that a shadow caster stole the Gursish notebook makes me think that there is something going on here, something very bad."

"Right," Adam said, picking up his Herbonomics text from the desk and turning back to Landel. "It... It's too weird to be a coincidence. I've been thinking about it all night. Why did they take the book? Why did they try to kill us? I... I have no idea what to make of this whole thing.

Landel nodded. It was like he was hearing his own thoughts spoken back to him. "I was dwelling on the same things."

Landel pushed open the door and let Adam go out first. It was the gentlemanly thing to do. They had to knock a few times on Chris and Vinton's door before the two of them stumbled out of their room, robes barely on.

Getting those two to room together might've been a mistake.

"No sign of the shadow guy," Chris said, smiling.

"Shadow Knight," Adam corrected.

Chris laughed and punched Adam in the shoulder. "Why do you care so much?"