30 - Vinton and Chris (18+)

⚠️ explicit sexual content ⚠️

Vinton couldn't wait a single second longer. He needed to be near Chris again, he needed to hear his laugh, he needed to see his smile, he needed to feel him. At this point, Vinton didn't even care about the sex, that was the furthest thing from his mind. He just needed things to go back to normal.

Landel had told him to wait. They had been discussing that for days. They just needed to wait and let things cool off. Adam and Chris weren't talking to either of them. Chris was barely even looking at Vinton. But Landel insisted that as long as they waited everything would be fine. He had assured Vinton that, given time, things would go back to normal.

And so, Vinton was spending another night alone, eating a juicy pomhue in his house, in his kitchen, and was doggedly fighting off the urge to go and see Chris, fighting off the urge to explain everything to the man and then to declare his love to him, to finally declare Chris Dalton as his soulmate.

It was a tough fight. But he seemed to be holding the urge at bay, at least for now.

When Breck came through the door, sweaty and panting, Vinton hardly even noticed until his uncle grabbed a chunk off of his pomhue and bit into it with a squelch, the juices flying everywhere.

"Tough week?" Breck said. He pulled up a stool to the counter and leaned on it.

"You don't even know the half of it, uncle."

"I think I do. Everyone in the palace can tell there's been tension between the four of you. Something has shifted. There was no tension before, not like this."

Vinton sighed and took another bite, chewing and swallowing it. "I did something stupid."

"And you pissed them off?" Breck said. "Chris and Adam?" He laughed then, hearty and deep. "Don't know how you managed to do that. They are two of the most easy-going guys i've ever met."

Vinton shook his head and frowned at his uncle. "Thanks, Breck. You're definitely making me feel a lot better."

Breck's smile didn't drop from his face, instead he scooted himself closer and grabbed Vinton by the shoulder.

"I remember when I was your age and everyone around me was finding their soulmate. It seemed like a constant stream. Front-jewel after front-jewel after front-jewel. Even my own brother." He smiled, a little sadder. "And I kept waiting for that connection to happen for me and it never did. I remember I used to panic about it, I used to think that the Goddess had forsaken me, that I was somehow unworthy of love, unworthy to leave a child for this world."

Vinton was stunned. His uncle's eyes were steady, full of feeling, full of past emotions. He didn't know what to say. "There's no one more worthy than you." He meant every word. There was nobody like Breck.

Breck rubbed his bald, shaved head and smiled. "I didn't say that for compliments, Vinton." He squeezed Vinton's shoulders tenderly. "I appreciate it, but that's not why I'm telling you this. I've said all this because I want you to know that I have learned to trust in time and fate. Those two things are always working, always cogging along. Every decision you make, every path you take, even the dumbest things you do, it's all part of the plan and it's all leading you towards what the Goddess wants for you."

"Fighting against it is like trying to climb up a waterfall," he continued. "What you need to do is accept the decision you made and trust that time and fate have led you to this moment, right now. You need to be sure that everything will work out right in the end." Breck let his hand drop. "I think everything is going to work out for me. I know my soulmate is out there somewhere, waiting for time and fate to take me to him. And I know the same thing is going to happen for you."