40 - Adam

The next time that Adam was let out of his cage, the scene was similar. The Shadow Knight was sitting a few paces away, they were in a forest, it was night, and there was a bowl of soup in front of him.

This time, however, the Shadow Knight wouldn't speak one word to Adam, he would not engage with him at all.

Adam tried to take his time eating his food, he wanted to extend his freedom for as long as possible, but, in the end, the hunger was too much. He downed the soup very quickly, asked the Shadow Knight a few more paltry questions and then was consumed by the torturous black void again.

Time distorted around him. His universe became darkness. The visions that had been appearing before him were turning vicious. No longer did he think about his mom laughing and smiling.

She came to him as a corpse.

"Where were you?" She screamed in his face, into the void of darkness where he lived now. "Where the fuck where you?" She was overcome with leaky cysts. They grew on her body in droves, covering her face and hands, some of them exploding in showers of pus or blood. They grew and grew and grew until they covered her body. Then she let out a high-pitched scream, clutched at her throat, and then she dissolved into black goo.

Adam tried to run away, he tried to shut his eyes. But there was no escaping the visions in the blackness. He floated there as the images continued to materialize before him.

When he saw red hair appear in the darkness, he knew who was next. When she was in front of him, when she had materialized, Evelyn flipped that red hair seductively towards him. Then she frowned and looked downwards.

"Why is your dick so small, Adam?" She cupped her breasts, jiggling them around in front of him. She strutted away and then dramatically turned back. "Do you even like this body anymore, you fucking homo?" She cackled and grabbed the chest of a big man that appeared beside her. "I need a real man. Someone who can satisfy me. Someone who can shower me in gifts. Someone who has some fucking money to their name." She leaned in conspiratorially. "Don't worry, it didn't take me very long to get over you."

Adam wanted to run to her and confess his love. He wanted to reach her somehow. But Adam had no body in the void, he had no voice. He only had his anxiety and his terror, his disgust and his fear.

Nick fell to the ground before him just as Evelyn dissolved. A razor had its claw in his back and was jabbing it in and out, causing blood and gore to splatter everywhere. His dad looked up at him with a face full of agony.

"Help!" his dad screamed at him. "Help me, Adam!"

The razor opened its mouth and clamped down on Nick's neck, tearing at the flesh and ripping his dad's head from his body, sending it rolling away as the corpse collapsed to the floor. The body and head of his dad dropped down into the blackness and dissappeared.

Landel materialized before him, completely naked. He rubbed a hand over his big, broad chest before reaching down and wrapping his hands around his humongous dick.

"You like this?" he said. "You've learned to like this, haven't you?" Landel grimaced and crossed his arms, cock still hanging down. "This bet has been going on for longer than I expected. Can't wait to fuck you so I never have to talk to you again."

He stroked his big dick. "C'mon, Adam. You know you want it."

Adam banged his fists against the void. His mind rebelled against the images. He screamed into the blackness but no sound came out. He cried and wrestled and pounded against the darkness, but no relief came.

His mom appeared before him again, crying, laying in a hospital bed. Landel smiled and faded into the background.

It was a never-ending, looping parade of visions. Adam grew so tired of the torment, he eventually stopped his struggle. He accepted the terrible images and watched them impassionately. His mind was numb.