80 - Nick

Nick had never gotten the chance to travel much.

Sure, he had done well enough financially. He had been able to feed his family, send Adam to school, and give Sally most of the things that she wanted. The Fulton house wasn't as big as the Dalton's, and he definitely didn't make the same amount as Mark, but Nick was pretty happy with how his financial situation had turned out.

It could've been much worse, he knew.

The one thing, though, the one thing that he had never been able to do much of was travel. There had never been money for it. Sally had always wanted to visit The Bahamas. But Alton Beach was the best that they could do.

Paxta, though, was something else. It was the tropical vacation he had always wanted and never received. Really, the only thing that was missing was Sally beside him.

Nick and Breck wandered the winding, tightly-packed streets of the city, going from amazing sight to intoxicating smell. Every street corner, every building, every vendor had something interesting to show them. Whether it was the smell of the sizzling meats, or the fire elels who put on shows on raised platforms, or the skilled dancers who performed insane acrobatics, there was always something to look at.

And Nick looked at it all. Maybe he had been spending too much time in Sesstria and had gotten so used to that place? Or maybe Paxta was just really fucking cool? Could've been either.

Eventually, they stopped in front of another raised platform on the corner of a street. A few other guys had stopped as well, watching the man on the stage. But he wasn't a fire elel and he wasn't a dancer, he was some sort of bird trainer.

His pets were perched on several different wooden posts all along the stage. They were beautiful creatures, colourful and graceful. And they responded to his whistles, gliding, looping, and dancing together in accordance with the noises that came out of his mouth.

"What do you call those?" Nick asked, watching a bright-pink bird fly into the sky. It spread its wings, revealing brilliant, natural designs on the inside of its plumage, before zooming back to its perch.

"prescenias, I think," Breck said. He crossed his arms and squinted up at the bird. "I don't know a lot about the animals of Paxta. I just know that they're different here. Very different."

"Looks like a bird to me."

Breck smirked. "A bird that would tear your pretty face off if it was given the chance."

Pretty face? He let the compliment slide off of him and laughed. "I think I could take it."

"It would be a close fight."

Nick smacked Breck playfully. "Shut up."

Breck chuckled, a deep, resonant sound. Then, a few moments later, he shook his head. "Alright, i've had enough."

"Of the show?" Nick asked.

"No." Breck grabbed the bottom of his shirt and then lifted it up, pulling the thing over his head and off of his body. He held it in his hand, his naked chest on display. "Of this. It's too hot for this shirt."

Nick knew that Breck was big. It was hard to ignore it. The man was a giant posing as a human. Even when he was wearing clothing, his biceps and chest and neck pushed against his shirts, stretching their confines. But, Jesus Christ, everytime the man took off his shirt Nick was reminded that the man was fucking built. Not only reminded, Nick was consistently shocked. It was almost supernatural, almost. Breck's pecs were muscular and beefy, round and firm, and they led into a series of abs which carved deep divots into his stomach. Not for the first time, Nick felt a little pang of jealousy.