Part 42

Julian pov;

After waiting for an hour, the doctor finally exit the operation room looking exhausted and he open his mask trying to take a deep breath. I look at him worried and approach him " is my wife okay? ".

The doctor answer " oh you're the husband? I already did an operation on the back of her head. I will explain you more details in my office later but for now all I could say is the operation is successful. She will be fine but maybe it might took days for her to wake up. So it will be a temporary coma ".

I sigh in relief but not that relief because she's not awake yet. I ask the doctor again " will it be too long to wait for her to wake up? ".

The doctor think for a moment " unsure about that but surely she will but maybe took for how many days " he answer calmly. I nodded and thank the doctor. The doctor nodded and walk away after. I sat down while my back touch the wall.

I sit there getting flashbacks of what I did to her feeling regret that I really hurt her so much like this. I wonder what will happen once she wake up later?

Now I'm in the VVIP room where they put Irene. I walk to approach her standing beside the bed and the doctor enter the room too. He check on Irene to see how is her condition.

I ask him blankly " will she really be okay when she wake up? ".

The doctor nodded " of course she will don't worry about that " he say and walk away. I sit on the chair next to her holding tight onto her hand feeling so much regret for what I've done.

I keep trying to hope that she will forgive me or forget about what happen. Forget about what I did to her. That's how I keep mumble to myself while crying begging that she won't leave me even after all this happen.

It's been few days I've been by her side waiting for her to wake up. I didn't eat at all and I could feel my weight is decrease. I only drink water but my stomach is totally empty. The doctor and the nurse keep persuade me to eat but I didn't. How can I eat when my heart feels guilty, uneasy to the point my stomach is effected.

I keep standing staring at her deeply hoping that she would wake up but suddenly her eyes open slowly. I rush to her and held her hand " honey? Are you awake now? I'm here you can see me right? " I ask her worried.

She look at me confuse. I ask her again " I'm Julian here, you can see me right? " I ask her worried again.

She softly answer " w-who are you? " She ask me confuse. My eyes are wide open shock.

I stuttered " w-what do y-you mean who am I? " I ask her confuse.

She just look at me feeling confuse and look around. " W-where am I? " She ask softly.

I answer her while still feeling confuse " in the hospital ".

She look at me surprise " why am I here? " She ask with her very soft voice. The doctor coincidentally enter the room and check on Irene.

I stood there confuse and I ask the doctor " she ask me who am I. Why is she like that? Does she didn't remember me at all? ".

The doctor look at me surprise and look at Irene surprise too. He ask me to wait outside so I did. I just stood outside looking them from outside confuse. How can she even ask who am I. Does she even didn't remember me at all?

The doctor then exit the room with a down face. I wait for him to say something so he say " your wife might have memory loss ".

I'm surprise by the sudden speech. I ask him worried " I thought you said she's gonna be fine? Why she can't even remember anything suddenly? "

The doctor bow " forgive me but I didn't expect this to be coming either " he say. I exhale my breath roughly worried that Irene didn't remember me at all. The doctor walk away to give me some space.

I sat by the door until I think of something. Isn't it good she didn't remember? I thought I hope that she would forget everything that happen but didn't expect that she would get memory loss like this. Did God really listen to my prayer?

So that's mean as long as her memory loss, I can take advantage of treating her like a wife and make her love me. I can love her, I can win her heart back if I treat her like a wife. I suddenly feel like my worries is gone. Instead, I feel happy that this happen.

I stand up back again and enter the room excitedly. She look at me confuse but I try to approach her even though we are quite awkward with each other. I sat on the chair beside her bed.

" So you really don't know who I am at all? " I ask her nervously. She nodded with an innocent expression on her face making me feel like want to kiss her at any moment.

I lock my lips and nodded " I'm your hudband. My name is Julian ".

She look at me confuse " h-husband? " She stuttered.

I chuckle a little " yeah. Husband. We're married and you're my wife " I said to her trying to control the excitement in my voice.

She nodded understood " aa okay I understand ". She look at me confuse with her doe eyes looking like a puppy. I swear she's adorable I might eat her anytime.

We just sit there looking at each other awkward. The awkwardness makes me look around the room trying to avoid eye contact because we don't even know what to talk about.

" I know it's awkward for you but I will guide you in any way I can " I said to her. She nodded and smile cutely. I carressed her hair while smiling at her too.