Part 57

Julian pov;

Now it's the day when Irene's dad are out of the prison. It's been 1 year and a half we spend our time in prison. Irene's dad look happy as ever but he's been non-stop coughing.

So I approach Irene's dad " you should see a doctor after this because you keep coughing non-stop " I said to him.

He shake his head " it's okay, I want to meet Irene " he say while clear his throat. He keep hitting his chest gently with his fist.

I look at him and ask " are you okay? " He nodded his head while raise his hand signaling that he's fine. But all of sudden, he fainted. We all got panic and so do my dad.

I yell at the polices to help him and bring him to the hospital. I wanted to follow but I realized I can't. I still need to stay so I had to wait for the news about him.

The thing that I'm worried about, how would Irene react to this? It seems like her dad are sick. I thought that this will be a happy day for them because her dad finally out of the prison but it seems like it will be a sad day for her.

I wonder how Irene's reaction would be. I'm scared no one is by her side to comfort her. She only have Giselle but Giselle is still too young to understand. I wish I'm by her side.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Irene pov;

While I'm at home cooking lunch for Giselle I got a call. My phone rang and I ask Giselle to bring it to me because my phone is just beside her. Giselle ran to me and gavd my phone.

I answer it " hello? "

An unfamiliar voice say " is this Miss Irene? Daughter of Ian Alexander? ".

I answer " yes this is me Irene ".

" You should come to the Toronto General Hospital because Mr Ian fainted when he's on his way out of prison ". The person said.

My eyes are wide open shock. I quickly ran out and ask the housekeeper to take care of Giselle for a moment. I rush to the car and drove off to the hospital.

When I'm arrive I quickly ran at the receptionist and ask where is my father. They told me the room so I ran quickly to the room and saw my dad is lying on the bed and Julian's dad is besides him.

I look at my dad with tears in my eyes and walk slowly to him. I held his hand and cry. I look at Julian's dad " what happen? ".

Julian's dad look down " your dad fainted when we are on our way out from the prison. He keep coughing non-stop these few days ".

I sniffles " did the doctor explain what is actually happen to him? "

Julian's dad shake his head " no, I ask him to explain to the guardian so I'm waiting for you and wait for the doctor to come and explain ".

I look at my dad while still crying didn't expect that this would happen at all. At the right timing, the doctor enter the room. I look back and saw it's Daniel who treat my dad.

I straight away stand up and ask him impatiently " what happen to my dad? What is wrong with him? ".

He take a deep breath and sigh as if he's trying to get ready to say something " your dad have a cancer ".

I look at him surprise " cancer? Does he have a chance to cure it? ".

The doctor lock his lips having a hard time to say something " I'm afraid no. He's really in a last stage right now. I'm sure he knew but he keep it to himself. Maybe he had cough blood too but never say anything right? ".

Julian's dad then nodded and look at my dad. I just stood there blankly for a moment not knowing how to react. I sat down on the floor feeling lost. They were worried about me but I shove them away.

I walk down going for a walk to ease my mind. My thoughts are playing around my mind. I keep questioning myself why is my life getting more complicated. I thought things were doing fine but listen to the news of my dad breaks my heart more.

I thought it will be a happy day because I did cook lunch for him too when I heard he's back. I stop at a certain place and sat behind the wall. I cross my legs and start to cry harder.

It pains me that no one is by my side right now. I just hope someone would comfort me when I'm totally in my hardest time here but I know there's no one for me like that at all. Everyone betray me and I'm here all alone.

Until I felt someone's presence touch my shoulder. I look up and see it's Julian. He look at me with concerning eyes say " you shouldn't be alone like this ".

I look at him and cry harder. He pull me in for a hug so I cry in his chest. It feels nice and comfortable that I have someone who came to me to comfort me. While ago I thought there's no one but Julian is here I'm glad. Whoever it is, I'm glad that whoever came to comfort me.

+++++++++++++++

Julian pov;

An hour ago, I request from the police to give me permission to visit Irene's dad. The police had a hard time to let me out at first but I got no choice but to play dirty by being corrupted. I pay them to allow me to pay a visit to Irene's dad.

The police also bought me there in case I try to run so they had to follow me but I don't mind as long as I get to see how Irene's dad are doing and so do Irene. I know Irene might be lost at this situation so I came to check her condition.

I saw Irene walking like she's lifeless as if her soul are lost in another world but her body is still moving. I follow behind her slowly to see where she would go. I hope she won't do anything stupid. Whatever the cause of Irene's dad sickness, I hope Irene won't do something stupid.

I saw her breakdown there crying sitting behind the wall crossing her legs. I stood up there for a moment and stare at her crying. I try to gather up my courage to approach her because I'm scared she won't even accept my presence.

But I realized I came here because I wanted to see Irene and her dad conditions. So I just approach infront of her and sit down on the floor looking at her.

She look at me with tears in her eyes which makes me concern. I pull her in for a hug to comfort her. I pat her back gently saying it's okay.

" Everything will be alright " I said while rubbing her back softly.