Chapter 228: The Chiefdom of Torogi (pt. III)

The light shimmered and sparkled, dyeing the mountains, rivers, and forests with a golden hue. Such brilliance even overpowered the sun reigning above the vast blue sky, glimmering with warmth and comfort.

In the presence of such brilliant light, people, no matter what their status were, could only kneel in respect and silence, not daring to raise their heads any higher. Peace and quiet reigned over the Great Hall, swallowing it whole.

Two figures glimmered with the holy light, their faces only showing indifference as their eyes sparkled like jewels and their gazes peered through one's soul. There was dignity and nobility in their presenceー or so how it would seem. But deep in their thoughts...

『Grey... How do I say this... Is this okay? I feel bad doing this...』 [Yuna]

『I'm also not sure... I didn't think they would react like this...』 [Grey]

... There was only guilt brewing in their hearts, their consciences hammered time and time again as they watched the people genuflect before them. They couldn't even look them in the eye, not wanting them to see their guilty expressions.

Though they have already accepted the roles of being "Emissaries of God", so that the talks could proceed smoothly, they didn't think things would go so far. They could only feel the burden of their actions weighing down on their shoulders.

Well, with Grey being sent to Merusia by God, such a role wasn't exactly wrong. And adding to that his purpose, it only made perfect sense. Still, he couldn't say he was comfortable using such legends to their convenience. It felt like he was a scammer.

『Well, we've already started this... Let's just see this through until the end. I'm sure we'll find a way to resolve the misunderstanding one way or another.』 [Grey]

『Hmm... Grey, I didn't think you'd be so carefree about this... This is a serious matter, you know?』 [Yuna]

『Hey, now. It's not like I'm alone in this. You're also an accomplice, my Dear Yuna. We're both in this together.』 [Grey]

『Uuu... That's right, isn't it?』 [Yuna]

In the end, the two simply decided to not think too much about it, leaving whatever happens to the future to future them. They decided to cross the bridge once they got into it. A casual and simple decision.

"Everyone, raise your heads." [Grey]

"As you wish, Lord Grey." [Manelo]

Everyone's attitudes have completely changed. The Great Chief who was once calm, calculating, and wary had now completely let down his guard, putting all his trust to the youths before him.

It wasn't only the Great Chief either. Everyone else in the room also had their doubts cleared after witnessing such a mystical scene. Even the most cynical of them didn't dare to argue any longer. The power balance has completely shifted.

"Ah! What are you waiting for?! Hurry up and get the most comfortable seats for Lord Grey and Lady Yuna!"

"Get them the best food and drinks as well!"

"Let's make a feast! We need to celebrate this grand celebration!"

In fact, the moment they realized that Grey and Yuna were still standing in the center of the Great Hall, barely accommodated properly, they quickly rushed and ordered the servants to prepare the beast they could, panicking and hurrying.

"Lord Grey, Lady Yuna, forgive our lack of reception. We'll makeー" [Manelo]

"No, it's alright. We won't be staying long for long anyway." [Grey]