Chapter 347: Haunted Forest...? (pt. I)

"Fuwaah~! That was delicious~!" [Yuna]

"Fufufu! You really make good eating faces, Yuna." [Helen]

"Well, that's because the food is just so good, you know? I can eat here everyday for the rest of my life!" [Yuna]

Laughter and giggles resounded in the air, the day bright as the sun above and the city merry as ever. The clock had struck 7 and people were having breakfast all over the city, warming up their stomachs to start their day.

A couple days have passed since Grey and Yuna had renovated the Sanctuary and they passed their time like they usually do. They did quests, alchemy, blacksmithing, farming, lazing around, and enjoying time with friends. Just the good days.

Now, they just finished breakfast at the Rabbit's Den and are about to start their day. With the quick work they did on the Yuna's matters, there really wasn't much more to do, and so, they decided to just chill around and do nothing for the day.

"Grey, did you hear that? Your bride says she wants to eat and stay here everyday! Can we keep her?" [Helen]

"Hey now, don't go nabbing off another person's fiancée. And, can you even afford to feed her everyday? Yuna's not a small eater, mind you." [Grey]

"Ugh... You're right... We're going to go bankrupt if we keep her..." [Helen]

"Hey! You two, that's rude! I don't eat that much of a big eater, you know! I'm just like any other normal girl!" [Yuna]

Or so she says, but no normal girl eats more than ten times a normal knight and eats snacks which are a meal of their own. Yuna could probably eat a week's worth of a whole family's meals in a single day, maybe even less.

Well, it's not like Grey could really blame her for that and he was also the same case. If Helen were to know their monthly expenditure on food alone, her jaws would surely have dropped to the ground. They could even afford a house with such amounts.

"Hey, have you heard? They say there are ghosts in the eastern forest."

"Hah! Do you really believe them? Those are just some baseless rumors! I'm sure they're just undead monsters!"

"But didn't the adventurers come back empty handed too? Even if they're unlucky, monsters would at least have a mana crystal."

And just as they were enjoying their day, a loud bunch of voices rang out in the air. They were the neighborhood gossipers who were talking about a certain happening by the eastern forest where people usually forage materials and do quests.

It wasn't the first time Grey and Yuna heard it for the day, rather, they have been hearing such rumors floating around since a couple days ago. And apparently, the witnesses are only increasing every day, people reporting to the guild and guards.

According to it, the temperature would suddenly drop in the eastern forest, and there would suddenly be rustling when there was nothing else around, and some say pebbles would suddenly roll around or that sprites of fire would appear out of thin air.

There were dozens of testimonies already, but the figures causing them have yet to be seen. Thankfully, no one has been reported to be hurt and that the "ghosts" were harmless. As such, they are dubbed as the "Playful Ghosts of the Eastern Forest".

"Grey, Yuna, what do you think? Is it really a ghost?" [Helen]

"Hmm... I don't know... There are many undeads which have the ability to go invisible or lower the temperature, but..." [Grey]

"People would have been hurt, right?" [Yuna]

"Yeah. After all, monsters are born to cause harm." [Grey]