Chapter 351: Shock, Panic, and Enthusiasm

The sun has sunk midway in the sky, the sound of resonant bells echoing all over the Royal Capital as the clock struck 3. The stall vendors continued to sell, the builders continued to build, and the soldiers continued to patrol. It was peaceful as usual.

Peace was even more notable in the noble's district, only the monotonous sound of carriages passing through to be heard, the horses neighing as they pulled the cars behind them, accompanied the occasional lashing of the whip.

In that very district, inside a glamorous and beautiful mansion, a little angel basked under the gentle sunlight, her stomach heaving up and down as she snored ever so peacefully, making sweet faces from time to time.

"Waah~! Anne is still so cute when she's sleeping!" [Yuna]

"Right~? She's my daughter, after all!" [Vanessa]

"Big Sis Vanessa, let's take a lot of pictures!" [Yuna]

And beside the sleeping angel, two figures were admiring her passionately, their loud voices echoing in the room. Though fortunately, a barrier was already erected so the little angel can continue to sleep in peace.

If there was something else to be heard, it was the soft chimes of the spirit hovering about the little angel. It may not have eyes but one could easily tell from its actions that it was observing the sleeping Antoinette, curiously and adorably.

'The spirit's really fond of Anne, huh...' [Grey]

It has been quite some time since Grey and Yuna arrived at the Filastra mansion, and while Grey did think of telling Vanessa the truth about Antoinette's aptitude with the spirits, he and Yuna decided to hold off on the thought,

Not only was it a difficult topic to talk about, it could also risk getting Grey exposed. It was a situation he wanted to avoid at all cost as his daily life with Yuna could be very much jeopardized at one wrong step. It was far too risky.

Plus, Antoinette was still young so no one would mind if she played around with them since they would only think it was an imaginary friend or something of the sort. They decided that they would only reveal the truth when they learn more about spirits and when the little angel is old enough.

"Grey, would you like to take some photos of Anne as well? I heard from Yuna that you're good at making albums. Can you teach me later?" [Vanessa]

"I don't deserve that much credit, but I'll do my best." [Grey]

"Great! Just what I would expect from my Little Brother!" [Vanessa]

Or so she says but they really weren't siblings or anything blood related. Her real younger brother is still at the castle, working his best and buried in a mountain of paperwork that his older sister dumped on him.

Well, it's not like it was the first time it happened anyway. Kurt and the others are already used to Vanessa's antics after being with her for years. Even if they didn't want to get used to it, there was nothing they could do about it.

Moreover, the opponent was Vanessa. God knows what kind of mischief she's up to once everyone takes her eyes off her. She might look like a gentle mother right now, but deep inside she was still the same troublemaker she has always been.

"It was really hard raising Anne at first, but seeing her sleep like this just melts all my fatigue and anguish away. She's really an angel, isn't she?" [Vanessa]

"Mmn... Big Sis Vanessa... Is it really difficult being a mother?" [Yuna]

"Well, yes, that's a matter of fact. Especially when you have work, juggling your time really becomes a hassle. Why do you ask?" [Vanessa]