Chapter 330: And the Winner is...!

Turmoil and chaos brewed in the air, confusion and shock adrift amongst the crowd as the clouds continued to cruise along the ever so blue sky. It was lively day, the deafening cheers now turned into mutters and chatters.

Gossip spread like wildfire and the flames of turbulence were lit ablaze, boisterous and irritable voices running rampant all over the Grand Colosseum. All other noises were drowned out by such a disturbance, the clashing of swords ceasing to echo.

Amongst the dozens of thousands of audience, a certain chamber was struck even harder, eyes widened in shock and their mouths hanging in agape as they watched the scarlet-haired man standing in the arena. They knew him far too well.

"I... It... It can be... Isn't that... Lionel...?" [Miranda]

"E-Elder Brother Lionel?! What is he doing on stage?? Isn't he sick?!"

"Has Lord Deltran been fooling us all this time...?"

They were all greatly distraught, watching the man as their hearts were ravaged by a confusing swirl of emotion. The man they thought was so sick he couldn't even go outside was now standing before them with a sword in his hands.

Each and every one of them were worried about him, and to think he was perfectly fineー no, to think that he was even a master of swordsmanship who surpassed the best swordsmen of the Kingdom, they couldn't be any less shocked.

The King was especially troubled, anger, frustration, and confusion brewing in his heart. He was happy that his son was healthy, but also irritated that he hid such a vital fact from them. He felt played like a fool.

BANNNGGGGGGG CRASH CRASH THUD

"Lionel! You bastard of a son! What are you doing here?!" [Archen]

Filled with rage, the King slammed his hand onto the table, blasting it to smithereens and pulverizing it into pieces. He couldn't control his anger any more, not showing his usual dignity and majesty as he cursed his son in front of everyone.

"You unfilial bastard! We have been worried about you for all these years and to think you were out here playing with your sword! I will make sure to teach you a lesson you wouldn't forget! Just you wait until we get back to the Royal Castle! I'll make sure to really cripple you with my sword!" [Archen]

Well, rather than rage... It was more like an angry father nagging his child. He was so angry, his manner of speaking has become crude and rough, not even minding the  populace as he made such a loud and attention-grabbing racket.

His rowdy ruckus was so loud, the people couldn't help but overhear from him. It took them a while to make out what he was saying at first, but when they did, commotion struck the crowd once again, even louder than before.

"D-Did His Majesty just say the Champion is his son...?"

"I heard that too, and if it's Lionel we're talking about... Isn't that the sickly prince?!"

"The sickly prince? No way... It can't be true, right? Just which part of him is sickly?!"

The rumors spread far and wide all throughout the seating areas and before long, everybody was already talking about Deltranー no, about Lionel, the "sickly prince" who suddenly appeared before. All eyes glancing at him from time to time.

Two figures watched such a scenery unfold, standing still in silence and unable to utter a single word. It surely was a sight to see, but they didn't know whether they should be amazed or be burdened by it, soon looking at one another awkwardly.

One was the sickly prince who was the root of trouble in the Grand Colosseum, and the other was the one who broke the ring and let all chaos loose. They were both to blame, smiles strained and wry as they scratched their heads and cheeks