Chapter 247: Sea, Smiles, and Shenanigans (pt. IV)

Splash Splash Splash

"Hehehe! More! More!" [Natalia]

A pair of hands were waved and the waters followed after. As water splashed left and right, ripples littering the vast blue sea, soft and cheerful giggles resounded in the air along the cries of cawking seagulls and the symphony of bubble foams popping.

A new day has started once again and as the sun continues to climb the everlasting horizon, the sea has become lively again, a number of familiar figures shouting and laughing as they wasted their time away in enjoyment.

"Mama! Mama! More!" [Natalia]

"Fufufu! Okay, okay, but don't move too much. Listen to Mama, okay?" [Natasha]

"Um! Nalia, listen!" [Natalia]

The Little Princess agreed without a hint of hesitation, making her mother smile. Little waves soon drifted her way again as the Crown Princess waved her hands up and down, water splashing on the former's cute, little face.

But as the mother and daughter princess tandem enjoyed their time together, a lone figure neared them at high speeds, parting the waters away and splashing waves at its wake. It drew closer and closer, the noise echoing louder and louder.

"GRAAHHHH!!!" [Galleus]

Waves splashed once again and a mysterious figure emerged from the waters, its face covered in green as kelp hung down its head. A loud cry echoed ever so fiercely as he raised his hands, ready to pounce at the two.

"Papa!!" [Natalia]

But rather than flinch in fear and surprise, the Little Princess' face only shone brighter like a star twinkling in the middle of the night. Such a sparkling expression only left the Crown Prince dumbfounded and in disbelief.

"Haah... And here I thought I'll get you this time..." [Galleus]

"Fufufu! Our daughter is quite the fearless one, no?" [Natasha]

"Haah... You can say that again..." [Galleus]

A lengthy sigh left the Crown Prince's mouth as he removed the kelp from his head,  a silent plop resounding as he dropped it back to the water. There was a little bit of disappointment in his face as he looked at how sparkly his daughter's eyes were.

It wasn't the first time he tried to surprise the Little Princess with a little scare, but every single time, without fail, he failed to do so. Rather, the latter's expressions only beamed brighter every time, even spotting him before he could even get close.

"Papa! Papa! Carry Nalia!" [Natalia]

"Hm? Do you want a shoulder carry or a piggyback?" [Galleus]

"Piggy! Piggy carry!" [Natalia]

"Hahaha. Alright. Here comes Princess' Natalia's loyal ride~!" [Galleus]

Well, no matter how disappointed he was, he was still more than happy to play with his beloved daughter. Not even wasting a single second, Galleus quickly lowered his back, letting the Little Princess hop on with a happy smile on her face.

And even when she still wore extra floaters in her little arms, Galleus made sure to hold her tightly, letting only her lower body be submerged in the waters. The Little Princess was a little koala clinging to her mother... Or rather, in this case, her father.

"Right, Dear, would you also like a piggyback ride later?" [Galleus]

"Mmn... I'm afraid I'll have to decline this time." [Natasha]