Chapter 284: Fried, Grilled, and Roasted Extravaganza!

The day was full of life, warmth, and energy. Bees and butterflies danced all over the brilliant and colorful gardens, flowers of all shapes and sizes blooming all throughout the place. The little creatures sapping away the sweetest of nectars.

There was only peace to be observed, sweet giggles ringing in the air like soft chimes singing by the tune of the wind. A number of adorable furballs ran across the green grass, wagging their tails as they hopped and rolled around.

"Puppies! Wait for Nalia!" [Natalia]

"Hey, Natalia, you're running too fast!" [Iris]

And chasing after them was the Little Princess whose smile was stretching from ear to ear, giggling ever so happily as if there was no tomorrow. After her was Iris whose face was full of worry about her little niece tripping and hurting herself.

Another day has passed, and after yesterday's successful event, Grey opened up the "Gate" for the Royal Family to pass through. The Festival of Hearts was just another day away, and so, there was no time to waste dilly-dallying.

But rather than explore the city like any other tourist, they simply spent the day in the Manor, resting themselves and enjoying the scenery as it is. They were finally done with their work, and so, they are enjoying their little break to the fullest.

"It's been nine years since I've been here, but this place hasn't changed, huh... It's still as beautiful as ever." [Ernes]

"You say that Dear, but you weren't even paying attention before. If I remember correctly, you just wasted out time away with all sorts of mischief last time," [Talia]

"Now, now, no need to get into the specifics." [Ernes]

And like any other family, they simply chatted their sweet time away, recalling what happened in the past and all the troubles they ran through. And by "troubles", it was meant to be plural. There was no end to the mischief the King had caused.

It was their first time attending the Festival of Hearts as the King and Queen at the time, and they already made quite the deep impression towards everyone else. Needless to say, it was quite a day to be remembered.

"Oh! These tangerines are really tasty!" [Yuna]

"Hm? Really?" [Grey]

"Un! Here, open wide." [Yuna]

As for Grey and Yuna, they are once again openly flirting in front of everyone. The sweet and rosy atmosphere from before has yet to disappear and they are still as flirty as one can be. So much so, that hearts were bouncing everywhere.

They were so sweet and sappy, even the black coffee the King was drinking started to taste sweet as if a whole bag of sugar was dumped inside it. A sore sight to behold which would surely break the hearts of those who are single.

"Hey! The idiot couple in front of me! Can you tone it down a little bit? You're making the sweets taste bad!" [Julius]

It was especially irritating to Julius who was sitting in front of them. And no, he wasn't bitter nor jealous since they couldn't bring along Amelia with them, not at all. He was simply a concerned spectator, yes, a concerned spectator was all he was.

"Shut up, you're just jealous." [Grey]

"Haah?! Me, jealous?! Why would I be jealous over you two?!" [Julius]

I repeat, he wasn't jealous at all. Even with how irked and irritated he looked, just like a fuse which was about to burst, Julius' heart was calm as a placid lakeー No, let's just face it, he was extremely jealous of Grey and Yuna being all lovey-dovey.