Chapter Twelve

Mary's POV

As soon as Ajax left, my workers ran straight to see me and asked how I managed that a man like him would be cozy around me. I just shrugged it off and told them he was kind. My chef at my restaurant, who is like a father figure, told me to be very careful and wondered why. He told me that one time a family tried stealing from him and he killed them all by slaughtering everyone there. I couldn't believe my ears as I knew that the rumors said about him weren't true. Sometimes, rumors can be too exaggerated, stretching from one lie to a worse lie that could either tarnish one's image or reputation or make them feared. But he was both as he had a bad reputation and was feared by everyone.

My day was going on until some jerks decided to harass my girl Cindy, and I beat the shits out of them. I was a black belt in martial arts. All my dad's children had to train as he didn't want us to be raped or harassed by some idiots who thought it was cool to touch a woman or man just to feel like some sort of person who owns the world.

I was clearing up my part and bidding goodbye to those at work. I got a call from the hospital informing me that my mom would be discharged tomorrow and I needed to pick up her things and get her home. I was very glad that Mum was going to join us and felt sad that Dad wasn't here to complete the family tree. Just mum, me, and my lovely twin siblings, who made me at peace and an almost complete family.

I forgot to tell you, I was fired from my nanny job without any reason or any explanation whatsoever, which angered me to my bone marrow. They lied about going on a vacation, which wasn't true. It was intended to drive me away without any validation.

When I went job seeking, no one, and I mean no one, wanted me to work for them, and I wondered what had transpired and kept asking them what I had done wrong.

I was lost and confused and asked myself, "Wasn't I employable enough?" Without further issues left, I decided to focus on my restaurant business to grow it and my mom's business.

My siblings were still home as vacation was still on and my best friends were paying me a visit next week on a Tuesday.

According to them, they had already booked all the flights and hotel rooms where I would stay with them and catch up with them on all the memories we had shared and more we hadn't shared.

I was excited because I was thinking about realizing when I found myself in front of my own and entered it.

I had my bath and ate food. The moment I entered, my phone buzzed with a call from Ajax asking if I had eaten. which I replied, "no, that I just entered. He told me to go to my room and that he had ordered takeout for me and my siblings to eat, and that I shouldn't starve myself.

I thought how generous and kind of a man he was towards me and asked him if he treated other women like he did with me. The moment I asked that question, I knew I was on a dead line and said hello. He replied and said no, and I knew he was angry. I apologized and didn't know why I was apologizing for.

He said to me it was fine and no, he isn't that kind of man who sleeps with anything on skirt and I felt bad for asking him that kind of question.

He told me to get some rest because tomorrow he wanted to take me on a date and needed us to get to know ourselves better. In order for my family not to find out the lies we would tell about ourselves and dating without knowing much about each other,

My food came and I ate it, and I left the other foods for Jane and James to return home to eat.

I had my bath and slept, and didn't know what life had in store for me. I was so excited for a change and needed the date.