Chapter Thirteen

Mary's POV
After the date went well, Ajax was with my mom, discussing things with her and telling her whatever she needed to hear. She was so happy about the marriage I had with Ajax and suggested that we move it by a week. He agreed, and the wedding fixed by my mom was on Friday of next week. I was sad, and my siblings could see that she wanted to go to the wedding and that she needed to see her grandchildren. We all tried changing her mindset, but she was a hard shell to crack.
Ajax asked my mom if he could have a meeting with me and when we were all alone. We spoke about how life would be after we were together, and I asked him if my melamine skin looked bad to him.
He said no and asked where all these questions were coming from, and I told him what happened today. He assured me I was a goddess and that no man who sets his eyes on me would ever leave me, that I was a dream of mature men.
I looked at him as he spoke for a slight second, and I saw an emotion that flashed through his eyes. and wondered what it was. He informed me as we were talking that he had a dinner date with his best friend that same Saturday evening and asked if it was a free date.
He spoke about his best friend, who knew all about his life and shared some things with me that he hasn't done. According to him, he felt safe with me, and I looked at his eyes, and as he was going, I pecked his cheeks. His eyes became hooded.

(Please bear with me; I forgot to mention this scene in Ajax's story.) So, read it to understand.
I got in, and mom bombarded me with questions about where I might find him. which I told her, except for the part about ruining his suit trousers. She beamed like an 8 year old girl who just saw candy for the first time. and was happy for me, and I told her about Rose and Daniella paying her a visit. which was happy that I hadn't lost any touch with them and continued watching a movie whose name I didn't know. I got tired and decided to change my outfits and clean my makeup.
I entered my bed and slept, as I was tired of all the food I had eaten there and wondering how I would face his parents tomorrow evening. My phone buzzed with messages from Ajax, but I refused to read them as I needed to get my beauty sleep. I fade off in my dreams of becoming a princess.